Ecosistema Urbano: The Latest Architecture and News
SPAINLab, the name of the exhibit, looks to expose the research process behind the works of contemporary Spanish Architects:
- RCR Arquitectes (Rafael Aranda, Carme Pigem, Ramón Vilalta)
- Selgascano (Lucía Cano, José Selgas)
- Urban Habitat / Barcelona City Council (Vicente Guallart)
- SMAO — Sancho-Madridejos Archiecture Office (Sol Madridejos, Juan Carlos Sancho)
- Menis Arquitectos (Fernando Menis)
- Cloud 9 (Enric Ruiz-Geli)
- Ecosistema Urbano (Belinda Tato, José Luis Vallejo)
More photos about the pavilion and description from Anton and Débora after the break:
Hamar’s Kommune decided to take a pioneer approach to the construction of the new Stortorget Square, now just a parking lot. In an effort to bring democracy back to public spaces, citizens are invited to join the free on-site workshops that will take place from September to November, to question themselves about their city and work together to improve it. The workshops follow a horizontal and participative methodology, led by Ecosistema Urbano that will determine Stortorget’s new configuration, which is known as Dreamhamar. More images and project description after the break.
Spanish architects Lluis Sabadell Artiga + Ecosistema Urbano shared with us their project ONETHOUSANDSQUARE, winner of the Stortorget Main Square Competition in Hamar, Norway. More images and architect’s description after the break.