Ceiling sails are suspended from the raw ceiling as single panels or combined to islands. Metawell® radiant ceiling sails enable plenty of scope for creative design, with an endless variety available in contours, edge designs, and surface coatings. Furthermore, their properties can be used to improve room comfort. Only part of the ceiling surface must be equipped with Metawell® ceiling sails which are supplied ready to fit.
A radiant ceiling is a functional component of building technology that can become a creative design element. Metawell® ceiling sails give good sound absorption and thermal conductivity, without reducing the cooling and heating efficiency of buildings with a core-tempered ceiling. The aluminum panels are mounted at a certain distance from the ceiling. Thus, the reverse side of the ceiling sail can also absorb and neutralize sound waves.
- Ceiling sails warrant a better performance than closed ceilings because their open structure allows convection - particularly if the sails are flat such as Metawell® ceiling sails (no upstand needed for reinforcement).
- High performance allows a reduced covering density compared to plasterboard and steel systems
- Reduced assembly times and costs
- Up to 150 W/m2 cooling performance (at a temperature difference of 10 K)
- Up to 140 % sound absorption (relative to the projected floor space)
- Panel sizes up to 1480 x 6000 mm
- Different contours, edges, and surfaces
- The back of the sail is easily accessible
- Retrofitting and wall (de-)installations are possible with little effort only
- EPDs (Environmental Product Declarations) according to DIN EN ISO 14025 Type III and EN 15804
Other Metawell® Ceilings
- Modular ceilings
- Gapless ceilings
- Hospital ceilings
- Sports hall ceilings