The lyra solid wooden bar stool with its warm minimalism continues the factual language of the horgenglarus collection into the 21st century. It is the comfortable evolution of the compact, straight miro chair. The bold sweeps of the backrest and rear legs give distinction to lyra's geometry. With 32 models, lyra is horgenglarus' most comprehensive seating family.
Thanks to a variety of seat widths, depths and heights as well as materials, the lyra is suited for a wide range of purposes and architectural styles. A staff canteen needs a different type of chair than a café, bistro, or fine-dining restaurant. A council chamber or boardroom makes other demands than a hotel room or a private dining room. Larger hotels, restaurants, or administrative offices often combine more than one application in one building.
Lyra's end-to-end design line offers a large variety of functions:
- Different backrests
- Not only chairs but also upholstered and lounge armchairs as well as bar stools in two heights
- The seat's comfort level also varies from wooden seat or cushion to very comfortable belt upholstery.
Lyra wooden stools have character and identity. The warm and natural appeal of its wood makes lyra a beautiful contrast to modern corporate architecture. In traditional buildings, its wooden construction links into the building's history whereas its streamlined shape references the present. lyra embodies the core competency of horgenglarus' unique wood-bending techniques and impresses with its inherent solidity.
Facts About Lyra Chairs
- At the Jungfraujoch, the "top of Europe," lyra szena proves its stability in handling an inrush of 8,000 tourists every day—something only a few chairs can sustain.
- In 2008, lyra was showcased on the Swiss Designers’ Saturday with an installation made from rustling leaves.
- Lyra is one of the last designs by Hannes Wettstein.