Sika's green roofs, also called vegetated roofs, eco-roofs, or garden roofs, all consist of a planted area on a flat or sloped roof, where you can grow everything from low grasses, herbs and sedums to trees and shrubs, depending on the type of green roof.
Sika's green roofs have several benefits:
- Visually more appealing and provides a park-like ambiance on your rooftop.
- Can contribute to your sustainable building certification rating.
- Slows down storm water flow by retaining up to 75% of rainwater, thus alleviating the pressure on storm water and drainage infrastructure.
- Reduces the urban heat island effect.
- Improves air quality with increased green space which filters air.
- Reduces building’s cooling energy consumption and costs particularly in warmer months due to thermal mass effect of the green roof.
- Extends lifespan of the waterproofing membrane by protecting it from damaging UV rays and freeze-thaw cycles.
- Increases your property value by providing a valuable building asset.
Sika provides nearly all products for a full green roof system
Check your local project requirements and contact Sika to see which products are recommended locally.
- Sika drainage composite board
- Sika waterproofing membrane (with loose laid membrane systems such as Sarnafil®/ Sikaplan® or liquid applied membranes such as Sikalastic®)
- Sika protection or separation layer
- Sika thermal insulation
- Sika vapor control layer
- Sika concrete substrate additives (Sika concrete admixtures)
- Sika roof accessories
- Sika scuppers, drains and more, depending on your local project requirements
Whether you have an intensive or extensive green roof design on a concrete or metal deck, your local Sika technical experts can advise you on the best approach with the most suitable products.
Sika’s product range benefits your green roof system:
- As an industry veteran with over 30 years of experience in green roof construction, Sika has produced more than 1.4 billion m2 of membrane worldwide, so you can trust in Sika’s expert support and solutions.
- Sika waterproofing membranes used in these systems are resistant against micro-organisms and root penetration.
- The Sarnafil® manufacturing process uses the highest quality materials to produce a monolithic, non-laminated membrane that offers excellent weatherablility and dimensional stability.
- Sika single ply membranes can be installed in most weather conditions, even at negative temperatures, giving unique flexibility to contractors and designers.
- Sika’s experts provide assistance in your project milestones if needed, including design assistance to architects and specifiers and authorized applicator training.
Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
European Investment Bank Buildings in Luxembourg
Nashville Music City Center in Nashville, TN, USA
Chicago City Hall in Chicago, IL, USA
Sika is present locally in more than 100 countries, which allows them to bring their customers and their clients not only proven range of products, but additional services, such as wind load calculations, application trainings, CAD details, BIM objects and technical consultations, guarantees, etc. Sika is the only full range materials supplier for materials used in concrete production, waterproofing, roofing, flooring, sealing, bonding, grouting, reinforcing, concrete repair and protection, structural glazing and more, for all types of buildings and civil engineer structures.