Kalwall is a translucent, structural sandwich panel which uses prismatic glass fibers embedded in the panels face sheets. The glass prisms refract sunlight to provide a balanced, diffuse wash of glare-free light. Kalwall provides full-spectrum, natural visible light, without distorting color rendition. During the manufacturing process, panels are fitted with translucent insulation to reduce solar heat gains.
For projects that require special performance criteria to protect from extreme weather events and manage human safety and security, Kalwall Facade Systems can be custom engineered to meet a variety of specialty applications including:
- Hurricane rated walls and windows
- High impact options
- Class A fire ratings
- Blast resistant systems meet DOD UFC 4-010-01 Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP)
- Factory Mutual certified systems: Class I Exterior Wall FM 4881 & FM 4411
- Factory Mutual explosion venting/pressure relief system: FM 4440
- Bespoke designs
- Glare-free, balanced daylighting
- Superior thermal performance
- Energy and electricity saving
- Low maintenance life cycle requirements
- Security through visual privacy
- Hurricane and blast rated options
Please visit kalwall.com to all wall specifications, CAD details, BIM families and performance charts online.