ApplicationsCommercial, sports, educational, cultural, industrial, transportation
CharacteristicsStructural, glare-free, balanced daylighting, thermal performance, low maintenance, durable
CertificationNFRC Certified, UL Listed, OSHA Fall thru compliant, ICC-ES, CE, BS, contributes to LEED, BREEAM, GreenSpec listed
Kalwall is a translucent, structural sandwich panel which uses prismatic glass fibers embedded in the panels face sheets. The glass prisms refract sunlight to provide a balanced, diffuse wash of glare-free light. Kalwall provides full spectrum, natural visible light, without distorting color rendition. During the manufacturing process, panels are fitted with translucent insulation to reduce solar heat gains.
Kalwall panels can be custom engineered if a roof requires specialized options. There are many engineered systems which include:
- Class A fire ratings
- Hurricane rated roof assemblies/Windborne debris resistance Missile D certified
- High impact options
- Blast resistant systems meet DOD UFC 4-010-01 Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP)
- Factory Mutual certified roof systems: FM 4471
- Removable roofs
- Motorized/operable roofs
- Bespoke designs
South Bend Regional Airport | South Bend, IN | Architect: Ken Herceg & Associates | Abstract Photography, Inc.
- Glare-free, balanced daylighting
- Superior thermal performance
- Energy and electricity saving
- Low maintenance life cycle requirements
- Security through visual privacy
- Hurricane and blast rated options
Please visit kalwall.com to all specifications, CAD details, BIM families and performance charts online.