Kalwall is a translucent, structural sandwich panel which uses prismatic glass fibers embedded in the panels face sheets. The glass prisms refract sunlight to provide a balanced, diffuse wash of glare-free light. Kalwall provides full-spectrum, natural visible light, without distorting color rendition. During the manufacturing process, panels are fitted with translucent insulation to reduce solar heat gains.
Kalwall panels can be custom engineered if a roof requires specialized options. There are many engineered systems which include:
- Class A fire ratings
- Hurricane rated roof assemblies/Windborne debris resistance Missile D certified
- High impact options
- Blast resistant systems meet DOD UFC 4-010-01 Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP)
- Factory Mutual certified roof systems: FM 4471
- Removable roofs
- Motorized/operable roofs
- Bespoke designs
South Bend Regional Airport | South Bend, IN | Architect: Ken Herceg & Associates | Abstract Photography, Inc.
- Glare-free, balanced daylighting
- Superior thermal performance
- Energy and electricity saving
- Low maintenance life cycle requirements
- Security through visual privacy
- Hurricane and blast rated options
Please visit kalwall.com to all specifications, CAD details, BIM families and performance charts online.