UseInterior/exterior fenestration systems
Applications19th/20th-century renovation, residential, commercial, institutional
CharacteristicsSelf-adhesive non-shrinking gaskets, choice of glazing beads, fits standard historic window openings
CertificationRecognized by Green Guide
OTTOSTUMM supplies components for steel fenestration systems. The FerroFinestra W20 series has its origins in the “Universal Range”, first introduced in 1912; it consisted of three ranges of hot-rolled profiles, identical in geometry and types, but different in depth, classified into large, medium and small. Depending on the dimensions of the window, the most appropriate series was selected to match the static requirements. The system could cover any type of window and opening. In combination with special T-profiles, used as mullions and transoms, it was possible to realize curtain walls of any size.
The currently available range from OTTOSTUMM was revised in 1964 and re-named “W20”. The three separate ranges were condensed into one medium-range, which consisted of 20 hot rolled profiles able to cover the functions of modern windows and grant the original design and proportions for those to be replaced in historic buildings. Today, after more than 100 years, this timeless series is still chosen for a great number of restoration projects worldwide.
- Solid hot rolled steel profiles
- Classic “stepped leg” design
- Material thickness up to 5 mm
- Self-adhesive non-shrinking gaskets
- Accommodates low emissivity double-glazing up to 21 mm
- Choice of different glazing beads
- Fixed glazing, single-sash and double-sash, side-hung and bottom-hung windows opening inwards and outwards, top-hung, vertical and horizontal pivoting windows, window and doors opening inwards and outwards
The steel billets, rods and strips, from which OTTOSTUMM steel window profiles are formed, are smelted from almost 100% recycled steel scrap. At the end of their life, steel windows can be systematically dismantled and the frames, fittings, and glass recycled.