ApplicationsStadiums and Gymnasiums
CharacteristicsMultiple design options, ceiling suspended or wall mounted, stationary or foldable
ColorsChoice of black or white with over 160 custom colours available
Guarantee25 years warranty for basketball backstop structure. Lifetime warranty against breakage for backboards installed with goal brace. 8 years warranty for bolt-on safety edge padding.
- Strong Overhead: Draper's EZ-Fold® Basketball Backstop's strength starts from the top. We supply all 4”O.D. 11 gauge overhead super-structure with all spans greater than 10’ including bridge trussing.
- Strength in the Pivot: Draper's backstop frame pivots on a 1-1/4" solid steel shaft welded into the top of our T-Frame and secured in our 1/2” thick steel adjustable hanger. Each adjustable hanger allows for easy and precise levelling of the backstop and attaches to the superstructure.
- Beam Clamp: Draper’s beam clamp provides at least 7 square inches of flange contact area on each side of the beam and is secured with two all-thread bolts at each attachment point.
- Precision Welding: All Draper welders have been tested and certified to meet the requirements of American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 Structural Welding Code ensuring quality fabrication and structural integrity.
- Custom Built For Your Gymnasium: Draper custom designs each backstop so the lateral sway braces intersect the main mast at approximately 18” above the backboard to ensure maximum rigidity.
- UL Listed Winches: All Draper winches are listed by Underwriters Laboratories and feature a 3/4 HP motor, grooved drum, and cable tensioning system.
- Aut-O-Loc 2 Safety Straps: Draper’s Aut-O-Loc 2™ Backstop Safety Strap is designed to engage instantly to protect players and spectators. Aut-O-Loc 2™ is actuated by speed or inertia in order to stop a load from failing due to a sudden failure in the backstop lifting system.
Powder Coat Finish
Draper is one of the few basketball backstop manufacturers that provides a powder coat finish as standard. Powder coated surfaces are more resistant to chipping, scratching, fading and wearing than other finishes. The superior durability of powder coat means Draper backstops arrive on-site with a much better appearance, virtually eliminating the need for touch-ups and repainting.
Draper manufactures several models of basketball backstops. From height to suspension system, the suitable model for each project will depend on a thorough analysis of the requirements and conditions of the basketball court where the backstops are to be installed.
- Suspension system: there are two ways to suspend the backstops- ceiling suspended or wall mounted.
- Folding method: there are four methods of folding the backstops: forward, rear, side and up. If the backdrop doesn't fold, it is stationary.
- Stems: there are two type of stems; straight main stem and bent stem.
- Height: the height indicates the distance from the court floor to the point of attachment of the backdrops.