ApplicationsSchools, Cafeterias, Locker Rooms, Museums, Restaurants, Airports, Hospitals, Office Buildings, Stadiums & Convention Centers, Shopping Malls and Other Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Applications
CharacteristicsCustomer assistance throughout the entire process, high aesthetic appeal, fast delivery times, durability and low maintenance, extensive color, pattern and aggregate options
CertificationCA 10350, LEED
Terrazzo & Marble has supplied terrazzo materials to numerous schools and academic facilities around the world, providing highly durable, low-maintenance, aesthetically pleasing and sustainable epoxy flooring.
In order to support foot traffic from large numbers of students, maintain high sanitary standards and avoid accidents, schools need strong, continuous, seamless and low-maintenance floors. The following characteristics make Terroxy Resin Systems by Terrazzo & Marble the ideal option for flooring in schools:
- Durability: Terrazzo’s impeccable durability and strength are ideal for high traffic areas found within schools. While the initial cost for other flooring systems might appear to be more affordable, they require more maintenance than terrazzo flooring. Other flooring systems such as carpet and vinyl tiles have to be replaced frequently, especially in large high traffic areas, while terrazzo stands the test of time and typically lasts the lifetime of the building.
- Low Maintenance: Since schools recieve a large number students and staff on a daily basis, it is a difficult task to keep the space clean during active hours. Seamless terrazzo flooring allows for easy cleaning and sanitizing, and day-to-day maintenance only requires using a mop and a bucket of warm water. Terrazzo & Marble's Terroxy Resin Systems Epoxy Matrix also helps to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus, reducing the transfer of germs and dust in the school facilities.
- Aesthetics: Terrazzo offers unlimited possibilities by allowing any imaginable combination of colors, patterns, logos and pictures. This allows designers and architects to create original designs that may incorporate school logos and a wide range of colors into the floor. Terroxy Resin Systems' special formulation does not allow for colors to fade or wear thin.
- Sustainability: Terrazzo has long been a recycled product and was created centuries ago by Venetian workers who used waste chips from slab marble processing. The following aspects make Terroxy Resin Systems a sustainable flooring option:
- Use of recycled content for aggregates
- Use of local/regional materials
- High durability, lasting the lifetime of buildings
- Does not emit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)