UseGlass facades, frameless sliding doors
ApplicationsResidential and commercial buildings, new and remodels
CharacteristicsFully insulated frameless sliding doors, freely configurable, flush transition, filigree profiles, aluminium frames, thermal and acoustic insulation
The rectilinear Classic window system is Sky-Frame’s basic model. True to the Bauhaus vision, the ceiling-height glass facades help to create a minimalist architecture in which the view takes centre stage.
The name “Classic” not only evokes the timeless appeal of the recti-linear window assembly, but also highlights its historical signiﬁcance as the ﬁrst ever Sky-Frame system. The sliding windows comprise insulating glass units with perimeter aluminium or glass-ﬁbre-rein-forced plastic (GRP) sections. Mounted in aluminium frames that are ﬁtted ﬂush with ﬂoor and ceiling, the sliding units offer minimum rolling resistance when operated. The system drainage for the ﬂush assembly is via recessed channel or is installed below the raised outdoor ﬂoor covering.
Element types and sizes
- Sliding panels: height <4 m, width <2.30 m, area <8 m2 (larger on request)
- Fixed element: <3.15 m x <4 m (<12.6 m2). Where edge length in both dimensions exceeds 2.6 m, double-glazed insulating glass unit used for Sky-Frame 3 system.
- Centre mullion width: 2 cm, 2.8 cm with height of 4 m, centre opening off set 3.4 cm
- Same elements can also be used for balustrade windows
- Unlocking handle ﬁtted ﬂ at on frame, operated by gentle upward movement
- Optional: integrated, elegant locking cylinder
Types of systems and openings
- 2-, 3- and 4-track systems, with 5 tracks also available on request; 4-track systems only possible with Sky-Frame 2; 5-track systems for Sky-Frame 2 require advance project-speciﬁc clariﬁcation
- Side openings, centre openings off set, centre openings on same track, corner openings
- Any number of panels can be combined, alternate or symmetrical
The 12 mm thick, single-glazed Sky-Frame 1 units are suitable for applications without thermal insulation requirements. The system also incorporates special sliding seals that offer a high level of sound control. The sound and thermal control standards met by the Sky-Frame 2 technology have made it the most popular Sky-Frame solution. The slim (only 30 mm thick) double-glazed insulating glass assembly has proved an outstanding performer in a wide range of climate zones. The Sky-Frame 3 system with its 54 mm thick insulating glass units meets the highest standards. The triple-glazed elements offer extra stability and even greater resistance to wind loads.
Technological innovation gives rise to visionary ideas for timeless spatial concepts. Download the latest documentation and CAD drawings for more information about Sky-Frame sliding systems.