CANactions School, Brno University of Technology - Faculty of Architecture, the City of Warsaw, the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, and the Romanian Order of Architects Bucharest, are introducing a new educational post-graduate program, to embrace and establish international knowledge exchange between institutions and organizations based in post-socialist states, in order to tackle 'Alternative Models' — for Collaboration, Ownership, Governance, Polycentricity – in urban scenarios across their regions.
The consideration of political, social, cultural, and historical background in these cities and regions imposes questions, problems, and challenges universal to all of these geo-locations.
The program is exposed to the context of four countries — Czech Republic, Poland, Romania and Ukraine — in order to explore their approaches for creating livable cities, with the aim of proposing alternative models.
During the Program, participants are going to work on one selected sub-theme under the guidance of the theme's respective institution and mentorship, as well as the location of the physical workshop. The continuous learning process provides the possibility of knowledge exchange between workshop groups, as well as institutions, experts, and mentors.
Applicants are asked to select one sub-theme which directly assigns them under the guidance of the institution and mentorship of that theme, as well as the location of the physical workshop.
DATES: 15 April –18 September, 2021
LOCATION: Bucharest (RO), Brno (CZ), Kyiv (UA), Warsaw (PL)
PARTICIPANTS: Professionals and master-students from the fields of Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Architecture History, Sociology, Anthropology, Political, and Cultural Studies, and other related fields
TYPE: 5 months international online program with a one-week intensive offline workshop
PARTNERS: Brno University of Technology — Faculty of Architecture, the City of Warsaw, the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, the Romanian Order of Architects Bucharest, the Bucharest Architecture Annual, CANactions School
STRUCTURE: The program consists of three phases: (1) Research (2) Systematic Design (3) Conference and Exhibition
PARTICIPATION FEE: 950 EUR (Discount 10% for CANactions School Alumni and Full Members).
The participation fee covers: participation in the program (in online and offline format), resources materials (literature, lectures, meeting with experts), working materials, and field trips during the one-week intensive workshop week (incl. public transportation tickets).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 March, 2021 (17:59 СET)
- Research — conducted by the post-graduate participants/researchers with the partner's and mentor's support. The goal of the research is to address and answer the main challenges and problematics of the cities and regions indicated by partner institutions/organisations;
- Comparative Analytics — conducted based on the four cities/locations as a part of the research phase;
- Systematic Project Proposals — participants simultaneously develop ideas based on the sub-theme statements;
- Exhibition — research and ideas will be compiled into an exhibition of the studio groups and recommendations for new living models;
- Conference — participation at the XIII CANactions International Architecture Festival in Kyiv;
- Certificate and 10 ECTS credits — upon the completion of studies, the program's graduates receive a certificate issued by the educational team — all involved partners (organisations/institutions) and mentors – as well as 10 ECTS credits.
- Collaborating with institutions/organisations — participants in collaboration with partners design the mechanisms to evaluate possible alternative model scenarios;
- Building your network — working closely with program peers, as well as representatives of architecture and planning offices, city administrations, and academia in Central and Eastern Europe;
- Professional and cultural exchange — discourse between different disciplines and cultural backgrounds;
- Increasing knowledge — research, design, and discourse about context-specific questions, as well as reinforcing collective knowledge by working in collaboration;
- Enhancing your professional skills — through collaboration with institution representatives, mentors, and experts.
More information: https://canactions.com/alternative-models
TitleOPEN CALL: ALTERNATIVE MODELS FOR LIVING
FromMarch 31, 2021 05:59 PM
UntilMarch 31, 2021 05:59 PM