Competition for Suncheon New City Hall, South Korea. Here's a brief description:
-Announcement Method Architecture Design Competition (open to public)
-Site Location Jeollanam-do, Suncheon-si, Jangmyeong-ro 30
-Site Size 31,783㎡(New Cityhall 26,758㎡, Culture station 5,025 ㎡)
-Total Floor Area New Cityhall 47,000㎡, Culture station 11,995 ㎡
-Local District(Land Use) General Commercial Area, Fire Prevention Zone
-Design Fee (Estimated) 7,553.4 million KRW
(Including VAT, all certifications and liability insurance)
-Construction Fee (Estimated) 138.176 billion KRW(Including VAT):
(New Cityhall 114.676 billion KRW, Culture station 23.5 billion KRW)
1) City hall for Publicness: An open government building that communicates with citizens, public officials, and anyone who comes to the city hall and shares the culture and life of Suncheon City.
2) City hall for Eco-environments: A Cityhall that reflects Suncheon City’s status as an ecological capital city and harmonizes nature, people, and building to serve as a standard for the spread of ecological culture.
3) City hall for Smart-Technology Office: A Cityhall that shows workspace layout with efficiency and innovations, represents smart building technologies responding to technological changes in the 4th revolution.
4) City hall for Sustainability: A sustainable city hall that reflects the history and identity of the city and will keep value over time.
This competition reflects the status of Suncheon City-the ecological capital and deviates from the existing unified public government building, and intends to select a creative design suggestion for the construction of an innovative Suncheon city hall office. The goal is to lead the sustainable development of Suncheon for the next hundred years, to promote openness to citizens, to revitalize the original city center, and to establish a new city hall with innovative office space.
Qualification for participation:
1) In the case of a Korean architect, a person who has opened and reported an architect's office pursuant to Article 23-1 of the Building Act of the Republic of Korea as of the date of public announcement shall be an individual that has no grounds for disqualification in the relevant statutes.
2) When an individual or office with a foreign architect intends to participate, someone must participate jointly with a person qualified under paragraph (1), and the representative shall be the qualified person under paragraph 1.
3) The number of participants in the joint participation (consortium) shall be allowed to register for not more than three joint applications (office) by combining individuals and firms, and one person under paragraph 1) above shall be designated as a representative. (One person is also needed to designate for co-representatives in the same architect's office.)
4) The representative must become the representative of the joint participants and play the role of coordinating the entire design works, and the legal rights, responsibilities and obligations accompanying the public offering belong to the representative.
-Preliminary Announcement on August 20(Thu), 2020
-Official Announcement & Registration From September 1(Tues), 2020 to September 29(Tues), 2020 (by 17:00(UTC+09) on official Competition Website
-Site Visit At 14:00 September 11(Fri), 2020, Cityhall of Suncheon City (Provisionally)
-Question From September 14(Mon), 2020 to September 18(Fri), 2020, 17:00(UTU+09) through official E-mail
-Answer September 25(Fri), 2020 on Competition Website
-Submission by 17:00(UTC +09) December 4(Fri), 2020
-Main Review(First) December 9(Wed), 2020
-Main Review(Second) December 14(Mon), 2020
- Announcement of the Winners December 16(Wed), 2020
Award (Including TAX) :
- 1st Prize (1work) Priority negotiation rights for working design and construction documents
- 2nd Prize (1work) 60 million KRW
- 3rd Prize (1work) 45 million KRW
- 4th Prize (1work) 30 million KRW
- 5th Prize (1work) 15 million KRW
Contact details: email@example.com
TitleCall for Entries: Competition for Suncheon New City Hall, South Korea
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration DeadlineSeptember 29, 2020 05:00 PM
Submission DeadlineDecember 04, 2020 05:00 PM