The Show Garden Competition of Seoul International Garden Show 2020 is a festival for people around the world to spread garden culture, introduce new garden trends, and discover creative garden design. We look forward to many garden designers' participation.
The theme of the competition is ‘Link Garden, Think Life,’ which represents its primary objective of linking the disconnected urban spaces with gardens and making efforts to improve the quality of life for citizens through this. By gathering wisdom, we must solve together the task, which are the connection of the physical ecosystems and the psychological communities through gardens. Furthermore, it is possible and necessary to improve the urban environment and restore the community spirit through the connections.
In particular, as 'Seoullo 7017', the site for this competition, is a project that links the disconnected regions in downtown Seoul through 17 pedestrian paths, the theme of 'Link Garden, Think Life,' which means 'connecting regions, connecting cultures, and connecting people through gardens' is closely related to the characteristics of the site itself.
○ Theme: Link Garden, Think Life
○ Venue: Son Gi Jeong Park(101 Songijeong-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul)
○ Area: 5 locations, approx. 150㎡ per site
○ Garden Type: Gardens which will be maintained on the site after the show.
○ Budget per site: 45,000,000 KRW
based on Korean Standard Time (GMT+9)
○ Announcement Period: June 12th, 2020 (Fri) ~ July 17th (Fri), 36 days
○ Q&A: June 22nd, 2020 (Mon) ~ June 24th (Wed) Inquiries to be registered | June 30th, 2020 (Tue) Questions to be answered
○ Submission: July 15th, 2020 (Wed) ~ 17:00 July 17th (Fri) (by E-mail)
○ Initial Screening (documentation)
Judge: July 24th, 2020 (Fri) ※5 teams to be selected
Result: July 29th, 2020 (Wed)
○ Garden Construction: September 7th, 2020 (Mon) ~ October 6th (Tue), 30 days
○ Second Screening (onsite)
Ranking decision: October 6th, 2020 (Tue)
○ Result: October 8th, 2020 (Thu) Opening & Award Ceremony
○ Garden Exhibition: October 8th, 2020 (Thu) ~ October 18th (Sun)
Gold 1 team 12,000,000 KRW
Silver 1 team 4,800,000 KRW
Bronze 3 teams each 2,400,000 KRW
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleShow Garden Competition of Seoul International Garden Show 2020
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
OrganizersLandscape Architecture Korea Inc.
Registration DeadlineJuly 17, 2020 05:00 PM
Submission DeadlineJuly 17, 2020 05:00 PM
VenueSon Gi Jeong Park