Russian architectural Group of Webs 360.ru and Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing (Berlin) invite architects and architectural illustrators to take part in ArchiGraphicArts 7 International Contest of Architectural Hand Drawings.
Deadline for Entries: March, 02, 2020 (11:30 PМ, Moscow Time)
The internet-platform of the competition: http://competitions.archplatforma.ru/
Hand Drawings created without using any computer technology are accepted!
Participation in the competition is free.
Competition is held on 4 nominations:
- Drawing from Nature
- Architectural Fantasy
- Drawing to the Project
- Drawing Modern Architecture. Special Nomination by Sergei Tchoban and Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing
Participants can present 1 Entry in each nomination. Each Entry can be presented by 1 sheet or as a series of (up to 5) sheets united by the same theme and graphic technique.
• The first stage takes place in an online format: after the publication of all applications that have passed moderation, the jury reviews the materials uploaded by the participants in the electronic form to the competition website. Each member of the jury notes and at the same time evaluates the best works, in his opinion, from 6 to 15 (depending on the total number of applications) entries on a 10-point scale. From the works marked by at least one member of the jury, a long list is formed.
• About 40 works with the highest number of points go to the second stage, and the authors are invited to send the originals or, in exceptional cases, reproductions of the drawings for viewing by the Jury. In the second stage, the Jury considers the originals of the drawings and determines the winners in each nomination.
During the competition an online vote will also be held. This will allow visitors to the competition website to support entries which take their fancy, but will have no effect on the results of the voting by the competition Jury.
• Winners of the Contest receive Diplomas, valuable prizes and gifts from the Organizers and Partners of the Contest.
• The Winner in the Drawing Modern Architecture Nomination will receive a Special prize from the Sergei Tchoban Foundation – Museum for Architectural Drawing in Berlin.
• In any of the nominations a special prize can be awarded from the chief architect of Moscow, Sergey Kuznetsov.
• The winner of the website visitors online voting receives an incentive prize and a diploma from the organizers of the competition.
• The organizing committee is considering the possibility of holding an exhibition following the results of the competition.
Submission of entries: until March 2, 2020, 23:30 (Moscow time)
End of moderation (review and correction of all applications received): until March 15, 2020
Remote work of the Jury: March 16 - April 15, 2020
Announcement of shortlists: April, 2020. The date will be announced additionally.
Winners and Awarding Ceremony: June, 2020. The date will be announced additionally.
SERGEI TCHOBAN – Chairman of the Jury – architect, founder of the Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing, chief of the architectural company SPEECH (Russia) and nps tchoban voss (Germany)
SERGEY KUZNETSOV – the chief architect of Moscow
MAXIM ATAYANTS – architect, professor of the Academy of Arts (St. Peterburg), chief of the «Maxim Atayants’ architectural studio» (Russia)
ANDREY CHERNIKHOV – architect, Andrey Chernikhov Architecture & Design Studio founder (Russia).
MIKHAIL PHILIPPOV – architect, artist, chief of the «Mikhail Philippov’s architectural studio» (Russia)
SERGEY ESTRIN - architect, founder and head of the Architectural Studio of Sergey Estrin (Russia, Moscow)
JÜRGEN HERMANN MAYER - architect, chairman of J. MAYER H. architecture company
MICHIEL RIEDIJK - architect, Partner at Neutelings Riedijk Architects (Rotterdam)
EVA-MARIA BARKHOFEN - Director of the Kunsthistorisches Archive, Berlin Academy of Fine Arts
Forms of Submission
All who wish to take part in Competition have to be registered (to create account) on the competition site competitions.archplatforma.ru
Procedure of registration is simple. For creation of an account it is necessary to open menu (сlick «red square» on the main page under logo Archplaltforma.ru), click: Log in, enter login and your contact e-mail. Two e-mails will come to the specified e-mail address:
1. E-mail with the link for account activation. 2. E-mail with your registration data.
After completion of registration all options will be available. Then you have to place necessary information about you and load 1 work in chosen nominations.
Works are accepted in the digitized form, in jpg format, not less than 2000 pixels in size on width.
The explanatory note (up to 1000 printed characters) has to be attached. It is NECESSARY to specify the original name of work, techniques of execution, original sizes of the work in explanatory note and short description of the concept, location of the objects, etc.
The work allowed to participation appears in online gallery where the name of participant also is displayed.
Detailed information about Terms and Conditions of Competition you can find on the page of each nomination (сlick Terms/English version).
Drawing from Nature
Drawing to the Project
Moscow. XXI century. Special Nomination by Moscow Chief Architect Sergey Kuznetsov
Drawing Modern Architecture
Contact and technical support:
Organizers: 360.ru Group of webs
Program Partners: Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing (Berlin), Chief Architect of Moscow Sergey Kuznetsov, Union of Architects of Russia, Union of Moscow Architects.
TitleOpen Call: ArchiGraphicArts 7 / International Contest of Architectural Hand Drawings
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration DeadlineMarch 02, 2020 11:30 PM
Submission DeadlineMarch 02, 2020 11:30 PM
Download the information related to this competition here.