BI Group Architects Awards – is the first international competition for young professionals and graduates of architectural universities in Kazakhstan. The organizer is a large construction holding BI Group — the leader in the real estate market in Kazakhstan. The holding company has been working since 1995 and during this time has earned the reputation of a professional and reliable partner. The purpose of this competition is to develop a concept to draw and identify the most modern and progressive architectural and engineering solutions, as well as innovative technologies to solve acute social problems on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, caused by a shortage of cultural facilities, educational and health facilities.
Development of the concept, drawing, and identification of the most modern and progressive architectural and engineering solutions, as well as innovative technologies to solve acute social problems in the country by providing sketch projects for construction of public urban facilities: schools, hospitals, theatres, museums, concert halls, stadiums and libraries. The functions of public buildings must meet modern requirements, blend in with the environment and provide the population with high level of comfort and safety.
Terms of reference of the competition
Terms of placement. Site layout and general plan.
This competition allows participants a free choice of site for the construction of the object. Participant of the competition, who made the cut to the shortlist, chooses a place and justifies the need for placement, namely:
- location of the projected facility in the cities of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as regional centers and resort sports zones;
- the concept must be provided with the arguments and motives for placing the object in the form of an explanatory note and sketches of the general plan;
- arguments and motives for choosing the category of the object: education, health, culture and sports facilities;
- compliance of functions of public buildings with modern requirements, harmony with the environment and provision of residents with all necessities.
- sketches of the general are encouraged to include traffic plan and pedestrian areas on the entrances and approaches to the object.
It is mandatory to indicate points of comfort of the visitors at the facility (allocation of washing cabins, cafeterias, medical centers, etc.). Innovative materials and technologies, modern and progressive constructive schemes should be put to good use in the project. Architectural solutions must meet the objectives of the "BI Group Architect Awards" competition and carry a public benefit.
Requirements for the composition and bulk volume, submitted for the competition:
I stage - the concept of the object:
Layout scheme based on M 1: 5000 - 1: 2000
Scheme of general plan based on M 1: 500
General design sketches of A3 format (in 3D graphics) at least 3 illustrations
Explanatory note (no more than 5 pages А4, 12 font), including sections:
- situation, zoning
- justification of the need for allocation
- traffic plan for transport, pedestrians, cyclists
- basic construction scheme
- architectural solutions
- new materials, design, construction methods
II stage - advanced basic design:
Site layout plan based on M 1: 2000
General plan scheme based on M 1: 500
Facades on the basis of M 1: 200
Individual cross sections and section drawings based on M 1: 200
General views and fragments (3D-visualization), perspective images, photomontages. Must be A3 format and at least 8 illustrations.
Explanatory note in the mold of the first stage with elaboration on the constructive solutions, application of materials, substantiation of use in the project.
Categories of constructions:
The competition is held in two stages.
From April 2, 2018 - May 7, 2018.
Participants must provide a general concept of the urban project.
20 finalists who will make the cut to the II stage will be announced on May 12.
From May 12, 2018 - June 10, 2018.
Preparation of an advanced basic design of the urban object by the participants who made the cut to the II stage. Critical design review will be held in the format of live performances in front of the jury in the conference hall of the hotel "Hilton Astana" on June 17. On the same day, by 8 PM, the winners will be announced.
The competition is open. We are calling for Kazakhstani and international experts, as well as graduates of specialized universities and faculties, who study architecture, construction, design and related creative specialties.
- First place will receive a prize money certificate for $15,000, a project order from the construction holding "BI Group" and the opportunity to attend profile courses in one of the leading educational institutions in Europe;
- Second place will receive a prize money certificate for $10,000 and a project order from the construction holding "BI Group”;
- Third place will receive a prize money certificate for $5,000.
Do you have a desire to express yourself, your creative abilities and become one of the main young architects in Kazakhstan? Then, all you need to do now is apply for the BI GROUP ARCHITECT AWARDS 2018! To participate, you must be an architect, a student or a graduate of one of the architectural universities. We are considering applications from around the world, so the only thing that is important to us is your creativity and desire. Entries are accepted until May 7, 2018.
To apply, please go to www.bi-architectawards.com
We wish good luck to every contestant!
TitleBI Group Architect Awards
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration Deadline07/05/2018 01:31
Submission Deadline10/06/2018 01:31
VenueHilton Astana Hotel