Discover a fascinating land of rich traditions and dizzying modernity with Architectural Adventures on an amazing journey through Japan.
From the vibrant contemporary architecture in Tokyo to renowned temples and the captivating culture of Kyoto, experience the Land of the Rising Sun in all its wonder. Visits include the majestic Mt. Fuji; a traditional ryokan in Hakone where you will experience minimalist Japanese design; a bullet train ride to the historic Takayama; the UNESCO World Heritage site of Shirakawa-Go with traditional thatched-roof homes; Kanazawa, one of the best preserved cities of the Edo period; and finally, Kyoto, Japan’s Imperial Capital for a millennium and now the country’s cultural and artistic capital. A true gem with more than 1,600 temples, three imperial palaces, artful gardens, and well-preserved wooden architecture, Kyoto embodies Japan’s rich culture and complex history.
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725 (max. 24 guests)
Led by Architectural Expert Yuji Kishimoto, AIA Emeritus Professor of Architecture
- Marvel at the incredible Nomura Family Residence.
- Take in Takayama, and see a 16th-century castle, a beautifully preserved Old Town, and historic buildings dating to the Edo period of 1600 to 1868.
- Enjoy Shirakawago Gassho-zukuri Village, a UNESCO World Heritage site comprising traditional thatched-roof homes.
- Discover the Asakusa Kannon Temple, which contains a golden image of the Buddhist Kannon.
- Explore the famed Meiji Jingu Shrine.
- Visit the Todai-ji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Buddhist temple complex that was once one of the powerful Seven Great Temples.
- See Tokyo National Museum, housing an extensive collection of art and antiquities from Japan.
- Awe at Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, home to one of the most photographed sights in Japan: Mt. Fuji.
- Enjoy the gallery of one of Japan’s preeminent calligraphers, Koshun Masunaga, and learn about this ancient art and browse the collection.
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert.
- Entrance fees for all included visits
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout the trip
- Gratuities for local guides, bus drivers, porters, airport, hotel and restaurant staff
- Luggage handling for one bag per person
Download the information related to this event here.
TitleArchitectural Adventures: Architectural Tour of Japan
FromOctober 27, 2018 11:35 AM
UntilNovember 08, 2018 11:35 AM