FABRICATE is a triennial international peer-reviewed conference with supporting publication on the theme of Digital Fabrication. The FABRICATE 2017 conference aims to instigate discussions on constructed projects and cutting-edge research in the context of computational design and digital fabrication between leading experts in academia and industry. The event will convene over April 6 - 8 2017 at the University of Stuttgart.
The Call for Work for FABRICATE 2017 received over 250 submissions from institutions and practices coming from 45 countries. These include The Bartlett School of Architecture UCL, Institute for Computational Design and Construction of the University of Stuttgart, the Architectural Association, Aarhus School of Architecture, Centre for Information Technology and Architecture (CITA), InnoChain ETN network, University of Michigan, MIT, Harvard University, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, University of Innsbruck, Princeton University, FabLab, TU Graz as well as Zaha Hadid Architects, AKT II (Adams Kara Taylor), Amanda Levete Architects, Foster + Partners, Bollinger+Grohmann, Buro Happold, One to One and designtoproduction amongst others.
The best 32 submissions will be featured in the supporting peer-reviewed publication and of those 16 will present their research and work at the conference.
- Monica Ponce de Leon (Architect and Dean of the School of Architecture at Princeton University)
- Carl Bass (President and CEO of Autodesk)
- Kengo Kuma (Architect and Professor of Architecture at the University of Tokyo)
- Antoine Picon (Professor of History in Architecture and Technology at Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- Jenny Sabin (Assistant Professor and Director of Graduate Studies at Cornell University)
- Philip Yuan (Professor of Architecture at Tongji University and Council member of the Architectural Society of China)
- Jan Knippers (Partner and co-founder of Knippers Helbig Advanced Engineering and director of the Institute of Building Structures and Structural Design at University of Stuttgart)
- Martin Bechthold (Professor of Architectural Technology at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, and co-director of the GSD’s Doctor of Design Program)
Registration is now open. To book your place or view more registration options visit www.fabricate2017.org/registration/
TitleFABRICATE 2017 - International Peer Reviewed Conference and Publication
FromApril 06, 2017 06:00 PM
UntilApril 08, 2017 09:00 PM
VenueUniversity of Stuttgart