Russian architectural site Archplatforma.ru and Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing (Berlin) invite architects and artists of architecture to take part in ArchiGraphicArts 2016-2017 International Contest of Architectural Hand Drawings.
- Deadline for entries: December, 20th, 2016
- Hand drawings created without using any computer technology are accepted.
- Participation in competition is free!
Competition is held on four nominations:
- Drawing from Nature
- Architectural Fantasy
- Drawing to the Project
- Moscow: Genius Loci. Special Nomination by Moscow Chief Architect Sergey Kuznetsov
Participants can present one entry in each nomination. Each entry can be presented by one sheet or as a series of (up to five) sheets united by the same theme and graphic technique.
The total prize fund of the Competition, nominated by the organizers, is 100,000 rubles. By the decision of the Jury this amount entirety may be presented as the Grand Prix to the author of the best work in any of the declared nominations, or distributed among several authors in any of declared nominations.
Voting and evaluation of entries
Following the end of moderation, the Jury will draw up a long- and short lists of entries. In order to select the competition winners and the best works for the final exhibition (if the exhibition would be possible), the The organizing Committee will then make available to the Jury the originals or full-scale printed copies of the drawings selected for the short list. During the competition an online vote will also be held. This will allow visitors to the competition website to support entries which take their fancy, but will have no effect on the results of the voting by the competition Jury.
- Submission of entries: until December, 20th , 2016 (inclusive)
- Amendmentand review of rejected entries: until December, 30th (for entries submitted for moderation before December, 15th, only)
- Conclusion of moderation (reviewing of all entries submitted): December, 30th, 2016
- Publication (Announcement) of Long List: until January, 25 th, 2017
- Publication (Announcement) of Short List: until February, 1t, 2017
- Reviewing of the originals: March – April, 2017
- Conclusion of online voting: the date will be announced separately
- Announcement of winners and the awards ceremony: the date and place will be announced separately
Forms of Submission
All who wish to take part in competition have to be registered (to create account) on the competition site. Procedure of registration is simple. For creation of an account it is necessary to open menu (сlick red square on the main page under logo Archplaltforma.ru), click: Log in, enter login and your contact e-mail. Two e-mails will come to the specified e-mail address: 1. E-mail with the link for account activation. 2. E-mail with your registration data.
After completion of registration all options will be available. Then you have to place necessary information about you and load 1 work (each by 1-5 sheets, united by one idea or a subject ) in chosen nominations.
Works are accepted in the digitized look, in jpg format, not less than 2000 pixels in size on width. The explanatory note (up to 1000 printed characters) has to be attached. It is NECESSARY to specify the original name of work, techniques of execution, original sizes of the work in explanatory note and short description of the concept, location of the objects, etc. The work allowed to participation appears in online gallery where the name of participant also is displayed.
- SERGEI TCHOBAN – Chairman of the Jury – architect, founder of the Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing, chief of the architectural bureau SPEECH (Russia) and nps tchoban voss (Germany) SERGEY KUZNETSOV – Moscow: Architecture and Water Nomination Curator – the chief architect of Moscow MINORU NOMATA – artist (Japan, Tokyo) MAXIM ATAYANTS – architect, professor of the Academy of Arts (St. Peterburg), chief of the «Maxim Atayants’ architectural studio» (Russia)
- SERGEY ESTRIN – architect, artist, chief of the «Sergey Estrin’s architectural studio» (Russia) MIKHAIL PHILIPPOV – architect, artist, chief of the «Mikhail Philippov’s architectural studio» (Russia) ANDREY CHERNIKHOV – architect, Andrey Chernikhov Architecture & Design Studio founder (Russia) EUGENIA MURINETS – Head of the Architectural Board Direction of Moscow
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Entries: International Competition for Architectural Hand Drawing
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration Deadline20/12/2016 23:30
Submission Deadline20/12/2016 23:30