Theme: “Diverse Architecture”
- The First Prize (1Award): ¥2,000,000 and Certificate of Merit
- The Second Prize (1Award): ¥500,000 and Certificate of Merit
- The Third Prize (3Award): ¥100,000 and Certificate of Merit
- Commendations (2Award): Certificates of Merit and prize gift
Eligibility of entry
- International Entries are welcomed!
- Applicants must be under-graduate or post-graduate students at universities or at tertiary institutions (on 17 December 2016 ).
- Tertiary institutions include: junior colleges, colleges of technology, and other relevant vocational schools. If selected at the initial private jury, applicant must be available to participate in an open presentation (the final jury) to be held in Tokyo on 17 December 2016 (Saturday).
Participants at the open-jury presentation must prepare one A1 sheet presentation board. Transportation and accommodation costs will be paid for one person per entry.
Print out the reply email that you receive from the competition office, and glue it to the back of your submission, in the bottom right-hand corner. Write your entry number on the front side of your submission, in the top right-hand corner. Diagram showing how to affix entry form and entry number to submission. One A2 sized sheet of paper (594mm×420mm), portrait or landscape (please do not mount on rigid panel).
Explanatory texts should be included on the sheet, and can be in Japanese or in English. The types of illustrations and the scale of drawings are to be decided by the entrants. Submitted work must be original, and must not have been published previously.
- We require that all submissions by physical, and sent to us by mail or courier.
- We do not accept digital submissions sent by email.
- Submissions can be sent rolled, but must not be folded.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Works must be received at Shelter Design Competition Office no later than 20 October.
- Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to individually notify each applicant that we have received their submission.
- Confirmation of receipt and the required time for delivery is the responsibility of the individual applicant.
Shelter Co., Ltd. Tokyo office：Shiba-mita-mori building, 5-13-15 Shiba,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0014 Japan
TitleShelter International Architectural Design Competition for Student 2016
TypeCompetition Announcement (Student Competitions)
Submission DeadlineOctober 20, 2016 11:30 PM