CIU HABITAT invites designers to submit proposals that compete for the solution of three real problems of the Ecuadorian popular habitat. Which are: for item 1, human settlements in mangrove ecosystems in the Gulf of Guayaquil; for item 2, the settlements located in areas of vulnerability and risk in the vicinity of the Tungurahua volcano; and item 3, housing solutions in marginal urban settlements with precarious levels in Guayaquil’s Estero Salado.
The CIUHABITAT Competition Committee will have a Jury of 5 national and international members, 2 national and 3 foreign for each theme of the competition.
Who can participate?
The academic community through universities around the world that have colleges or schools of Architecture, Planning, Design, Urban Planning, Geography, and other fields related to the issues of competition. These institutions can participate though their faculty that lead interdisciplinary teams made up of students who should be in the final two years of their majors.
- Publication of the Competition Brief on the official website: April 4th, 2016
- Official release of Contest: April 4th, 2016
- Opening for entries: April 5th, 2016
- Closing of registration: June 24th 2016
- Deadline for proposal submission by theme: July 6, 7 and 8, 2016
- Juries’ qualification of proposals: between July 18th and September 23rd, 2016
- Enactment of the Juror Committee Verdict: September 30th, 2016
- Competition results released: October 3rd, 2016 on the website.
Two members of each winning team for each theme of the competition will be invited to present in Quito, throughout the Habitat III activities. All participating proposals in the contest will be uploaded to the official website.
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCIU HABITAT International Academic Competition
TypeCompetition Announcement (Student Competitions)
OrganizersThe National Government of Ecuador, through the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development and The Ecuadorian Architect Association Pichincha CAE-P,
Registration DeadlineJune 24, 2016 12:00 AM
Submission DeadlineJuly 05, 2016 12:00 AM
VenueCasa de la cultura Ecuatoriana, Quito