Just arrived to ArchDaily, Mark Magazine #43. New museums keep popping up in the USA. Farshid Moussavi's Museum of Contemporary Art in Cleveland, Zaha Hadid's Broad Art Museum in East Lansing and Morphosis's Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas. In the Netherlands, Ector Hoogstad gave Eindhoven University of Technology a new library and Powerhouse Company added an impressive villa to their growing portfolio. On the eve of the launch of his new feature film, Oblivion, director Joseph Kosinski talks about his background in architecture. Finally, we checked out Zhujiajiao, near Shanghai, where Atelier FCJZ, Atelier Deshaus and Mada s.p.a.m. realised a milestone in China's urban development, thanks to the reintroduction of a small-scale methodology coupled with respect for local identity.
You can also found in ArchDaily projects that Mark #43 offers in depth, such as:
- Urban Collage / Edouard François
- The Studio / Branch Studio Architects
- Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry / Chartier-Corbasson Architects
- Cultural Center of EU Space Technologies / Dekleva Gregoric Arhitekti + SADAR + VUGA + OFIS architects + Bevk Perovic Arhitekti
- La Tallera / Frida Escobedo
- Fast Track / Salto AB
- ICD / ITKE Research Pavilion / University of Stuttgart
- Festival Hall in Erl / Delugan Meissl Associated Architects
- Black Teahouse / A1Architects
- Academie MWD Dilbeek / Carlos Arroyo
- Glass Farm / MVRDV
- MOCA / Farshid Moussavi
- Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum / Zaha Hadid Architects
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science / Morphosis
- MetaForum / Ector Hoogstad Architecten
- Butaro Hospital / MASS Design Group
New work by: Maison Édouard François
Branch Studio Architects
University of Colorado students
EDH Endoh Design House
John Lin A1 Architects
Carlos Arroyo Architects
- Farshid Moussavi Architecture: In Cleveland, Farshid Moussavi's museum evokes the spirit of contemporary art.
- Zaha Hadid Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects creates an icon for Michigan State University.
- Morphosis: The first museum by Morphosis is the latest jewel in Dallas's crown.
- Ector Hoogstad Architecten: Eindhoven. An old industrial hall at Eindhoven University of Tecnology has been given a new lease on life.
- Sou Fujimoto: Tokyo. On a site bordered by development, Sou Fujimoto designed a house with a pitchen roof... garden.
- Mass Design Group: Boston. Michael Murphy and Alan Ricks improve healthcare with little means.
- Gary Marinko: Perth. Gary Marinko's house in Perth doubles as a luminaire.
- Joseph Kosinski: Los Angeles. Prior to his career in film, director Jospeph Kosinski studied architecture, a discpline he uses in his new movie, Oblivion.
- Powerhouse Company: Utrecht. Life in Powerhouse Company's latest villa takes place on platforms that seem to float in midair.
- Augustin und Frank: Berlin. Each new project gives Ute Frank and Georg Augustin a chance to reinvent themselves.
- Atelier FCJZ | Atelier Deshaus Mada s.p.a.m. Zhujiajiao. The Shangduli Leisure Plaza in Zhujiajiao represents a milestone in recent Chinese urban development.
- Deyan Sudjic. Deyan Sudjic talks about blogging, editing and Italian writers.