Design, innovation and capacity are just some of the key elements when building a stadium. We have been featuring some great stadiums in ArchDaily like Herzog & de Meuron’s Bird’s Nest, for the Beijing Olympics.
However, as impressive as it may be, the Bird’s Nest cost was ‘just’ 500 millions dollars, a lot less than the ones who made Forbes top 10 list of most expensive stadiums.
Check the complete list, after the break.
10. ANZ Stadium / Sydney Australia / $624 million
9. Lucas Oil Stadium / Indianapolis, USA / $675 million
8. Safeco Field / Seattle, USA / $656 million
7. Soldier Field / Chicago, USA / $714 million
6. The Emirates Stadium / London, England / $770 million
5. Rogers Centre / Toronto, Canada / $930 million
4. Stade de France / Paris, France / $974 million
3. Madison Square Garden / New York, USA / $1.1 billion
2. Olympic Stadium / Montreal, Canada / $1.4 billion
1. Wembley Stadium / London, England / $1.5 billion