Yeah, Hi… Is Svehn in?
- He is, can I say who’s calling.
Umm, sure, it’s Cameron, from United Chicken Inc.
- Can I tell him what this is regarding?
Well, ok, ummm… You sent me some preliminary drawings and I have a few questions.
- Ok, please hold…
“….Tall and tan and young and lovely, The girl from Ipanema goes walking, And when she passes…”
- Hi Cameron, It’s Svehn, what can I do for you?
Yeah, Hi Svehn, ummm.. I got your drawings today…
- Right, what did you think?
Well…., yeah, ummmm. here’s the thing. I did tell you that this is a manufacturing facility, didn’t I?
- Yes, you did.
Well,… Is this a marble floor? or am I reading the drawings wrong.
- No, No, Marble, yes, yes.
Ummm, right, so it’s not Marble?
- Yes, yes, no… Did you like the canopy element? It reflects the forms of the distant mountains….lovely
Right, yeah, that’s nice, but… What’s going on on the upper floors?
- Well, those are Luxury condos. The views to the mountains are majestic looking over the pond.
Pond?, well actually that’s a sludge retention area. We use it to filter the chicken feces before it enters the ground water.
- Well, it’s very lovely.
But, we don’t really want luxury condos… we ummm…, process chicken. You know, for nuggets. They’re shaped like animals, not like chickens though, because our marketing group says that’s creepy, and our lawyers don’t… nevermind. Let me ask you about the plaza level…
- Ahhhh, you noticed the plaza? it’s nice? right? I mean the travertine suspended panels were inspired, if I do say so. The edge detail was my idea. We were trying to reduce the edge to as thin of a profile as possible.
Right, So, Svehn, just let me stop you right there… This is a chicken processing manufacturing building. The chickens don’t need a travertine plaza.
- But the view is spectactular.
I’m not sure how well chickens can see.
- We could look into that for you. Is there anything else I can help you with?
No, I think that covers all my questions for now… So, can you make the changes and keep us on schedule?
“….each one she passes goes “a-a-ah!”… Oh, but I watch her so sadly, How can I tell her I love her? Yes, I would give my heart gladly… But each day when she walks to the sea, She looks straight ahead not at me… Tall and tan and young and lovely, The girl from Ipanema goes walking…”