The RAIC Awards of Excellence recognize distinction in the field of architecture. Awarded categories include Green Buildings and Innovation in Architecture as well as the Architectural Firm Award which was given to Montgomery Sisam Architects. Members of the jury included: Peter Busby, Teresa Coady, Stephen Pope for Green Buildings and Enzo Gardin, Dan Hanganu, Gregory Henriquez for Innovation in Architecture.
Recipients and Honorable Mentions for 2011 RAIC Awards of Excellence following the break.
- Durham Consolidated Courthouse / WZMH Architects
- Kerchum Residence / Frits de Vries Architect – Honorable Mention
Innovation in Architecture:
- OMS Stage / 5468796 Architecture (Art)
- Mission 2050 / Baird Sampson Neuert Architects (Science)
- North House: Responsive Envelope System / RVTR (Practice of Architecture)
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights / Smith Carter Architects and Engineers, Antoine Predock Architect (BIM) – Honorable Mention
- Manitoba Hydro Place / KPMB Architects (Office Building Innovation) – Honorable Mention