This villa is located in plot ORDOS project.
Architects: Dellekamp arquitectos / Derek Dellekamp Location: Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China Project leader: Ignacio Mendez Project team: Jachen Schleich, Pedro Sanchez, Paulina Goycolea Design year: 2008 Construction year: 2009 Curator: Ai Weiwei, Beijing, China Client: Jiang Yuan Water Engineering Ltd, Inner Mongolia, China Constructed Area: 1,000 sqm aprox
- A container that holds everything with the simplicity of the single line that conforms an ellipse.
- A clear object that shows the mass of the program as a statement of ownership to the site.
- A free standing structure contained in a continuous form that allows free flow of the open space.
- A monolith that clearly suggest the urban relevance of this lot as an entrance to the 100 Villa Compound.
- A surface, uninterrupted, created by grey brick and curved glass that strongly defines the interior from the exterior while it projects framed reflections of the surroundings.
- A cloister that opens strategically, looking for the right amount of sun, light and views.
- A central gathering of service areas as well as vertical circulations.
- A continues space to the inside that rhythmically compresses and opens.
- A single window and door with a height of 2.00m with three sizes that have the same proportion as the three sides of a brick (1 x 2, 4 x 2, 8 x 2)
- A single proportion for the pieces.
- A unity repeated through space and time.