Our Architecture City Guide series heads to the northwest this week featuring Seattle. The futuristic Seattle Space Needle, designed for the 1962 World’s Fair – Century 21 Exposition, is just one of the many can’t miss buildings on our list. What others do you think should be added? Visit our comment section to share your favorites.
The Architecture City Guide: Seattle list and corresponding map after the break!
- Seattle Central Library / OMA + LMN
- Olympic Sculpture Park / Weiss Manfredi
- Ballard Library and Neighborhood Service Center / Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Wing Luke Asian Museum / OSKA Architects
- Experience Music Project / Frank Gehry
- Rainier Bank Tower / Minoru Yamasaki
- Seattle Space Needle / John Graham and Victor Steinbrueck
- Freeway Park / Lawrence Halprin
- City Hall / Bohlin Cywinski Jackson and Bassetti Architects
- Chapel of St. Ignatius / Steven Holl Architects
- Seattle Art Museum / Venturi, Scott Brown and Associates (1991) and Allied Works Architecture (2007 expansion)
- IBM Building / Minoru Yamasaki and NBBJ