Glass Façades systems offer aesthetic versatility and equally functional coverage. Hunter Douglas Contract’s glass systems enable a wide range of design possibilities, including custom printing, shading/fritting, and more.
Fully integrated with their engineered carrier system, this system is ideal for facade retrofits, allowing a functional and aesthetic makeover of an entire building exterior, including over-cladding without the need for window replacement.
Main Features & Benefits
- Open-joint rainscreen façade systems control rain penetration, maintain ventilation, and provide thermal insulation.
- Range of transparent and opaque glass panels available.
- Glass panels fully integrate with QuadroClad metal and resin panels on the same plane.
- Ideal for both new construction and over-cladding projects. Full CAD and project management support available.
- Width (max): 6 ft (1830 mm)
- Length (max): 12 ft (3650 mm)
- Glass Pane Thickness: 0.25 in (6 mm), 0,3125 in (8 mm), 0.375 in (10 mm)
- System Weight: 5.5 lbs / sq. ft (26.86 kg / sq. m)
- Max Size in Combination: Dependent on system type and configuration.
- Joint Width: 0.375 in (10 mm), 0.5625 in (15 mm)
- Coating: Color matched Ceramic Frit
- Glass Pane Types: Low Iron (Colorless glass) or Clear Float (Green edge – Standard)
- Colors: Custom color capabilities including soil, semi-translucent, or translucent possibilities. All colors UV stable and chemical resistant.
- Panel Composition: Heat-strengthened or laminated glass to meet applicable building codes.
- Wall Bracket: Available for insulation thicknesses of 100 mm, 150 mm, and 200 mm (4 in, 6 in, 8 in). Slotted holes allow for adjustment of +/- 25 mm (+/- 1 in) in depth and +/- 10 mm (+/- 0.375 in) in horizontal plane.
- Support Rail: Extruded aluminum profile for maximum rigidity where required. Rails also serve as vertical drainage channel. Standard length 7,200 mm (283.5 in).
- Fixing Plates: Fully adjustable in vertical directions, with integrated anti-vibration gaskets.
- Panel Sizes: Complete range of sizes up to 1,500 mm x 4,500 mm (59 in x 117 in).
- Windows: Twin-color powder-coated or anodized aluminum profiles. Windows are thermally improved and incorporate a range of mullions and transoms.
Project that use this product
This post is part of our ongoing effort to create a database of architectural products, a useful resource for all architects, with the help of our partners.
Hunter Douglas Contract is a business partner of ArchDaily.