2014 was a great year at ArchDaily. As we grow to over 350,000 daily readers, our global network is leveling access to architectural knowledge, fostering an ongoing exchange between professionals from diverse locations and backgrounds. We are now able to see a new regionalism appearing, giving identity to emerging countries, and becoming a source of fresh ideas and innovations in the world of architecture.
For the 6th consecutive year it will be your task to recognize and reward the projects that are making an impact on the profession. By voting, you are part of an unbiased, distributed network of jurors and peers that has elevated the most relevant projects over the past five years. During the next three weeks this collective intelligence formed by ArchDaily's readership will filter the 3,000 projects up for nomination-- choosing the ones that stand out due to their spatial, material, social, and technical innovations.
Our partners HP will generously give the three most-voted practices the latest HP Designjet ePrinters - wirelessly connected plotters that give you the freedom to print from anywhere. See rules below more details.
Now it is your chance to reward the architecture you love by nominating your favorite for the 2015 Building of the Year Awards (plus, you’ll have a chance to win an iPad).
Full rules below:
During the next 3 weeks, you’ll be in charge of nominating buildings (in fourteen categories) for the shortlist, and then voting for the winners of each category. We will guide you through these stages accordingly.
During the nominating stage, each registered user of the My ArchDaily platform will have the chance to nominate one project (published between Jan 1st 2014 and Dec 31st 2014) per category. This stage starts on Jan 20th and ends on Jan 27th at 11:59PM EST. After this, five projects per category will move into the voting stage, starting January 28th and ending on February 4th at 11:59PM EST. The winner will be announced on February 5th, 2015.
We will give away two iPad Air 2 and two iPad Mini 2 (16GB WiFi, Space Grey, White, or Gold) to four lucky MyArchDaily users who participate in the nominating/voting process. Each nomination/vote will give you a chance in the draw – plus, you’ll get more chances if you invite people to vote (using the link that we will give you after you vote). One iPad Air and one iPad Mini will be given during the nomination stage, and the rest during the final stage.
Thanks to our friends at HP, the firm behind the project that receives the most votes overall will win an HP T520 Designjet T520 ePrinter, and the second and third most voted practices will receive an HP T120 Designjet ePrinter.
- All buildings published between Jan 1st 2014 and Dec 31st 2014 under the following categories are eligible for this award: Houses, Housing, Healthcare Architecture, Industrial Architecture, Educational Architecture, Sports Architecture, Cultural Architecture, Hospitality Architecture, Refurbishment, Offices, Interiors Architecture, Commercial Architecture, Public Architecture, and Religious Architecture.
- By submitting their works to ArchDaily for publication, offices agree to enter this competition and to be present on the promotional material.
- Authorship and copyright of each project belong to the offices and architects mentioned on each project’s page.
- The nomination process starts on January 20th and ends January 27th, 2015 at 11:59PM EST.
- The voting round starts on January 28th and ends February 4th, 2015 at 11:59PM EST.
- The winners will be announced on February 5th, 2015.
- Only registered users of the My ArchDaily platform can nominate/vote.
- Anyone can register on the My ArchDaily platform to nominate/vote. To do so, you must follow the registration link and complete the required steps to become a registered user (or use your existing My ArchDaily account).
- To register you must use a valid email address. Votes coming from users without a valid email address will be removed.
- You can only nominate/vote for one building per category.
- Offices and architects are encouraged to promote their works for voting, but no monetary or virtual gift compensation should be offered. You can use the following links:
First stage: Nominations
- Starting January 20th, 2015, registered users will be able to nominate their favorite project for each of the 14 categories included in the Awards. One nomination per category.
- Nomination ends on January 27th, 2015 at 11:59PM EST.
- The five projects with the most nominations for each category will move on to the voting round.
Second stage: Voting
- On January 28th, 2015, we will update the platform with the shortlisted projects and registered users will be able to vote for their favorite project among the finalists.
- Users can vote for one project per category.
- The voting round will end February 4th, 2015 at 11:59PM EST.
- Winners of each category will be announced on ArchDaily’s home page on February 5th, 2015.
- Winners of each category will receive a physical award from ArchDaily, delivered to their offices.
- Of all the 14 winners (one per category), the firm behind the overall most voted project will receive an HP T520 Designjet T520 ePrinter, and the second and third most voted practices will receive an HP T120 Designjet ePrinter. HP will contact the winners after the announcement to coordinate the delivery.
- The 5 finalists and the winners of each category can use the respective title for their own purposes. ArchDaily will provide promotional material.
You could win an iPad
- We will give away two iPad Air 2 and two iPad Mini 3, one each during each stage of the award (16GB, WiFi). Winners can choose color (Space Grey, White, or Gold).
- Every registered user who votes in the first stage of nominations will automatically enter for a chance to win one of the iPad Air 2 or one of the iPad Mini 3; every registered user who votes in the second stage of voting will automatically enter for a chance to win one of the iPad Air 2 or one of the iPad Mini 3.
- If you participated in the first stage, and were the winner of an iPad, you are still eligible to participate in the Second Stage with the possibility of winning another iPad.
- Each time someone uses the share link obtained after your vote, you will get an additional chance to participate in the draw.
- The winners of each iPad will be announced after each round.
- ArchDaily will be responsible for notifying the winners, confirm the color, and shipping the prize to the winners, but won’t cover any additional costs related to local taxes, customs, etc.
- All data the data of registered users will be kept private and will not be shared with 3rd parties.
- After each stage, all nominations/votes will be checked. Votes submitted by fake/invalid registrations will be remove. All attempts to abuse the system, such as creating dummy accounts, suspicious behavior from individual IPs addresses or any other techniques to generate nominations/votes in automated ways will be logged and reviewed for removal.
- ArchDaily reserves the right to analyze the data during every stage of the Awards in order to ensure a fair process.
- All questions should be sent to David Basulto, director of the awards, through our contact form.