The house is located in Mikulovice, a quiet village near Pardubice, in a flat region surrounding the river of Elbe. Despite having only 1000 inhabitants, this village is currently going through a housing boom. The house site is situated between a baroque church and a forest. Just like the neighbouring ones, this housing lot was also made by restoring a former waste disposal site.
There is no point in copying or denying history but one can seek inspiration there and re-present its proven qualities and functions with contemporary methods. In this regard, this building is a modern expression of a typical village house. Respecting the tradition of a saddle-roofed object, its final design reacts to the organic growth by adding another forms, which is a typical feature of village homes. Titan zinc roofing sheet and gutters represent elements of modern architecture. A gentle deviation from thoroughly rectangular scheme helps reducing the building´s mass and widens the sunlit area. A narrowed variety of materials used (Polish granite tiles, bangkirai wood terrace decking, smooothly coloured plaster, titan zinc roofing sheet) reflects a rustic character, but also emphasizes the architectural expression of the house. The stacked stone wall surrounds the property on three sides, with two objects being attached to it from the inside, a small garden house with a staircase leading to tennis court and a parking space for four cars.