This year, the Lamp Lighting Solutions 2013 celebrated its 5th version. The awards are organized by LAMP, an architectural technical lighting company, specialized in, advising on and designing efficient solutions adaptable to any project by way of innovative and competitive products and services.
Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards 2013 closed its registration period with record on all the previous editions, with a total of 608 projects submitted from 52 countries and 61% internationalization.
More details on the winners after the break.
The prestigious jury, comprising Francesco Iannone, Elías Cisneros, Andreas Schulz, Philippe Chaix, Rafael Aranda, María Langarita, Antonia Arola and Paul James, met up on 2 occasions to choose from between the 608 projects of the 20 finalists. The Jury was pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity of projects received and, in turn, it highlighted the clear internationalisation of this show.
Architectural Outdoor Lighting Category
- C4 – Artistic multi resolution & multi scale light- and media façade for the Espacio de Creación Artística Contemporánea in Córdoba (Spain), by realities: united, studio for art and architecture, Berlín, in cooperation with Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos, Madrid
- Puilaurens Cathar Castle in Lapradelle-Puilaurens (France), by Wonderfulight
- Silo 468 in Helsinki (Finland), by Lighting Design Collective
- The Beacon in Lagos (Nigeria), by ‘Tunji Olaogun and Urban Think Lab
- The Rookery in Chicago (United States), by Office for Visual Interaction (OVI)
Indoor Lighting Category
- Cineteca Matadero in Madrid (Spain), by CHURTICHAGA+QUADRA-SALCEDO arquitectos
- Cristóbal Balenciaga Museoa in Getaria (Spain), by La invisible
- Das Tirol Panorama in Innsbruck (Austria), by conceptlicht at GmbH
- HafenCity University Subway Station in Hamburg (Germany). by Pfarré Lighting Design, Munich and d-Lightvision, Munich
- St. Stephan church in Karlsruhe (Germany), by Lunalicht
Urban and Landscape Category
- Collective Light for Rural Africa in Commune Rurale de Cinzana (Mali), by Matteo Ferroni
- Eggenfelden Town Square in Eggenfelden (Germany), by Conceptlicht GmbH
- Gardens by the Bay, Bay South in Singapur (Singapur), by Lighting Planners Associates
- “In the footsteps of the giants” – skiing resort in Are (Sweden), by Ljusarkitektur
- Taxco, Ciudad Luz in Taxco de Alarcón (Mexico), by Lighteam
Students Proposals Category
- Calor Humano by Guida Ferrari Collados from Máster en Iluminación Arquitectónica por la UPM, Madrid, Spain
- Monolito de Luz by André Luís Dos Santos, Felipe Alberto Alves Vieira and Renan Bussi Machado from Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie de São Paulo, Brazil
- Presencia iluminada by Iván Díaz Vilches and Laura Martín González from ETSAM, UPM, Madrid, Spain
- The hope by Daniel Guerra Rubio and Alejandra Muelas Sánchez from ETSAM, UPM, Madrid, Spain
- “Una X siempre señala algo…” by Rosa Pérez Resino from ETSAM, UPM, Madrid, Spain
The winning projects will be announced at an event held in the city of Barcelona next June at which each of them will be rewarded by the following prizes: Architectural Outdoor Lighting 15.000€, Indoor Lighting 15.000€, Urban and Landscape Lighting 15.000€, and Students Proposals 3.000€. With all the finalists we will publish the book LIGHTING CONCEPTS 2013.
With all the finalists they will publish the book LIGHTING CONCEPTS 2013.