To create a serene family sanctuary that harmoniously connects inhabitants with the surrounding natural environment, while combining the best sustainable, eco- friendly materials and energy efficient technologies with minimalist architectural design.
Some features of the house:
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom plus loft.
- Simple eco-conscious design focuses on functionality and creates
a healthy living environment for the family.
- The house is located in the beautiful a rural town of Iceland, a low-
developed region committed to the preservation of its beautiful
natural scenery and resources.
- Design elements were chosen carefully to maximize passive solar
power and cross ventilation, minimizing electricity costs.
- Conscious effort made to use materials in their most organic form.
- To improve indoor air quality, no carpet or forced air systems
- The project reduces its impact on the natural ground by raising
the structure with elevated decks and floors.
- Native wood siding materials are locally sourced, which allows for the project to blend in with the surrounding regional landscape.
- Large and expansive windows and openings are used in living
area and bedrooms to provide abundant natural light, frame the
beautiful landscape and enable a seamless connection with nature.
- Master bathroom features a pebble rock wall referencing the
- Exterior spaces designed for maximum indoor-outdoor living.
- Outdoor shower encourages a closer connection to nature and the
- An edible garden is incorporated into the exterior design to foster