This week, with the help of our readers, we visited Indianapolis for our Architecture City Guide. Our readers suggested a lot of really nice buildings and we greatly appreciate their help. Indianapolis’s numerous sporting events and conventions continually draw crowds to this industrious state capital throughout the year. It is only fitting that there is an architecture city guide for its various contemporary buildings. As a seat of government and industry, Indianapolis also boasts a nice variety of historic architecture that is worth seeing. Take a look at the list our readers help put together and add your favorites to the comment section below.
The Architecture City Guide: Indianapolis list and corresponding map after the break.
- NCAA Hall of Champions / Michael Graves
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway / Browning Day Mullins Dierdorf Architects
- IUPUI Campus Center / Smithgroup
- The Pyramids / Roche Dinkeloo and Associate
- Indianapolis International Airport / HOK
- The Ruth Lilly Visitors Pavilion / Marlon Blackwell Architect
- The Canal at White River State Park / Sasaki
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art / Jonathan Hess
- Indiana State Museum / Ratio Architects
- IUPUI University Library / Edward Larrabee Barnes
- Indianapolis Artsgarden / EE&K Architects
- OneAmerica Tower / Skidmore Owings & Merrill