And now I´m happy to announce that for the 2nd version, Postpolis! is moving to Los Angeles and ArchDaily got invited!!!!
We will be collaboratively organizing an event around architecture and all things related (landscape, urbanism, politics, history, and a long list) on the city of case study houses, highways and movie stars.
From Tuesday, March 31, to Saturday, April 4, 2009, lasting from 5pm to 11pm each day we are going to have an architecture blast, with back-to-back discussions, interviews, panels, slideshows, films and parties (what´s an architecture event without a party?) designed to push the architecture and landscape conversation from virtual to reality.
The following blogs are involved:
- David Assael & David Basulto from Plataforma Arquitectura and ArchDaily (Santiago, Chile / New York City, USA)
- Jace Clayton from Mudd Up! (New York City, USA)
- Régine Debatty from we make money not art (Europe)
- Bryan Finoki from Subtopia (San Francisco, USA)
- Dan Hill from City of Sound (Sydney, Australia)
- Geoff Manaugh from BLDGBLOG (San Francisco, USA)
Every night of Postopolis will be free and open to the public, so you can drop by at any time. The full schedule with all the speakers and topics will be announced soon. In the meanwhile, you can check the Postopolis! LA page over at the Storefront for Art and Architecture, or join the Event page on Facebook (be sure to join our group on FB also!).
I hope all our readers from LA and nearby locations are able to attend, as it will be very nice to get to meet some face to face during the event.
We are going to have more info on this soon, so stay tuned!