This week our Architecture City Guide is heading to Memphis. Called the Bluff City, Memphis is the birthplace of Rock-n-Roll, Elvis, and the Blues. Along with the lively music scene, Memphis offers an architectural landscape that tells its history and speaks to its future. With the help of a Memphis local, Sophorn McRae, we selected twelve contemporary buildings that should not be missed when you visit the Bluff City. Limited to twelve, we could hardly include all the locals’ favorites so please leave your must not miss in the comment section following the break.
The Architecture City Guide: Memphis list and corresponding map after the break!
- Fedex Forum / Looney Ricks Kiss and Ellerbe Beckett
- Christ Community Broad Street / archimania
- MIFA / Williamson Pounders Architects
- Memphis College of Art Metz Hall and Fogelman Hall / Askew Nixon Ferguson
- Sutherland Cardiology / archimania
- Memphis College of Art Rust Hall / Roy Harrover and William Mann
- Park It Here / archimania
- C & I Bank Building / Francis Gassner (original) Visible Music College / archimania (renovation)
- AutoZone Park / Looney Ricks Kiss and HOK Sport
- WKNO Digital Media Center / TRO Jung|Brannen
- Siskind Susser Bland Immigration Law Office / Blackledge Architecture (renovation)
- Cannon Center for Performing Arts / Williamson Pounders Architects and LMN