This week our Architecture City Guide heads to the “Mile-High City”. In the shadows of the Rocky Mountains, Denver’s architecture can be as dramatic and serene as its surrounding landscape. From the moment your plane touches down at the Denver International Airport you are immersed in state-of-the-art architecture. We have included a dozen places to go once you arrive. Where else would you visit? Please leave suggestions of buildings a Denver visitor shouldn’t miss.
The Architecture City Guide: Denver list and corresponding map after the break!
- Denver Art Museum / Daniel Libeskind
- Denver International Airport / Perez Architects and Fentress Bradburn
- Denver Central Library / Michael Graves & Associates
- Learning Cube + Dairy House / University of Colorado Denver
- Museum of Contemporary Art Denver / David Adjaye
- 1800 Larimer / RNL Design
- TAXI / David Baker & Partners
- Wells Fargo Center / Philip Johnson
- EPA Region 8 Headquarters / ZGF Architects
- Denver Place / Marvin E. Knedler & Associates
- Ellie Caulkins Opera House at the Quigg Newton Auditorium / Semple Brown Design
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre / Burnham Hoyt
Looking at the projects coming soon to Denver, you might need make a second trip in the near future. One we have already covered is the Denver International Airport South Terminal by Santiago Calatrava.
View Architecture City Guide: Denver in a larger map