Solar facades from SolarLab invisibly integrate on-site energy production in the skin of the building and replaces both traditional facade cladding and unattractive rooftop PV installations. The custom-designed solar facades offer design freedom to select panelisation and mounting geometry as well as color, finish, and texture.
The floor high solar facade areas of the Red River College Innovation Center are realized using a range of large format custom solar panels and colored using high-efficiency and durable structural colors. The nano-coated and anisotropic colored panel provides 160Wp of installed effect per square meter. The ventilated and lightweight cladding incorporates invisible fire-break and high-efficiency mono crystaline solar cells that will recoup the embodied energy many times over during the facades' long operational life. Thanks to the satinated finish and the custom electrical design the facade is resilient, self-cleaning, and glare-free.
Features & Benefits
- Carbon-free on-site energy production
- Durable with a long operational life
- Low glare and self-cleaning
- Resilient electrical and monitoring system
- Panels level monitoring and rapid-shutdown protection
- Large format panels
- Customizable build-height
- Flat mounted and individually angled panels
- Cost-effective and income-generating
- Fully recyclable in existing industrial processes