Solar facades from SolarLab invisibly integrate on-site energy production in the skin of the building and replaces both traditional facade cladding and unattractive rooftop PV installations. The custom-designed solar facades offer design freedom to select panelisation and mounting geometry as well as color, finish, and texture.
The 3.000 square meter bespoke solar facade on the Student Experience International building on the harbour front in Amsterdam, provides a resilient and durable facade that is dynamic and ever-changing due to the structural color afforded by the PVD coating. The matt surface and the structural color ensure a glare-free and low-maintenance facade cladding with a lifespan of 50 to 100 years. The materials used have a large content of recycled materials, and cladding is designed to ensure that it can be easily recycled and enter the circular economy. The Student Experience project in Amsterdam by VURB is a four-star BREEAM building. The active to passive facade ratio stands at: 1770m2/1148m2.
Features & Benefits
- Carbon-free on-site energy production
- Durable with a long operational life
- Low glare and self-cleaning
- Resilient electrical and monitoring system
- Panels level monitoring and rapid-shutdown protection
- Large format panels
- Customizable build-height
- Flat mounted and individually angled panels
- Cost-effective and income-generating
- Fully recyclable in existing industrial processes