CharacteristicsMade in Italy, sustainably sourced materials, matching range of items
Every constructive detail of the Tessa outdoor stool is a clue to the great complexity that lies behind its seeming simplicity. The kind of simplicity which stems from the ingenuity and hand-craftsmanship inherent to the concept of the product itself.
The structure is made entirely of solid ash or turned Canaletto walnut. The traditional joinery requires expert craftsmanship and gently exalts the natural texture and feel of the wood. An ancient art that dates back to Italian rural tradition, the delicate yet strong woven paper rush cord in the seat and backrest is also finely hand-crafted. Soft optional cushions held in place by slender straps add a deeper sense of welcome to the Tessa armchair.
The Tessa family includes an armchair, ottoman, bench, and a coffee table with marble top, available in a number of types of marble.
Materials and Finishes
- Structure in solid iroko wood with natural, stained grey or lacquered white finish. Woven extruded PVC with nylon core in anthracite 7005, bordeaux 7002, white 7007, sand 7008, brown 7004, green 7006; or, in polypropylene cord in sand 8001, anthracite 8005, bordeaux 8002, green 8006, white 8007, brown 8004; or, in matt polypropylene cord in natural 8102, ice 8103, anthracite 8105 or straw 8101 color
- Seat/backrest cushion in blown polyester fiber with water-repellent upholstery
- Feet in die-cast zama with matt brushed or burnished finish. Feet rest on tips made of thermoplastic material
- Seat/backrest cushion upholstery in removable fabric
- Cover in waterproof material