UseModular timber buildings
CharacteristicsModular construction, serial production, flexible solutions, responsible use of space, affordable housing creation
Blumer Lehmann uses methods for modular, mobile construction of the future using Timber. The construction sector needs to keep up with modern lifestyles and social structures, this means prioritising certain elements:
- Responsible use of available space
- Affordable housing
- Maximum flexibility
Modular timber construction offers solutions for these important aspects and offers versatile solutions with huge potential even whilst employing serial production and standardised architectural concepts.
- Flexibility is central to Blumer Lehmann's philosophy, they are always searching for new design and usage concepts for buildings with various applications
- Modular timber construction guarantees high finish quality in both temporary and permanent buildings
- Cell-form buildings meet the strictest ecological, energy, indoor climate, structural and soundproofing requirements
- The impressive energy efficiency of timber constructions also includes modular construction
- The trend towards simplified and CO2-optimised construction favours timber construction with a high degree of prefabrication
- Structures with prefabricated elements can be designed individually and aesthetically
- Modular construction systems can be adapted flexibly to changing demands and requirements
Process Reliability and Efficiency
From a single component to a module
- Modular construction includes structural building elements, individual components, room-sized modules and entire residential units
- Defined planning and production processes reduce costs and use meaningful synergies
- Production in weather-protected halls increases productivity and guarantees consistent quality of components
- Planning requirements are predictable and costs can be controlled
Modular buildings are an ideal solution when you need additional space at short notice. However, the potential of modular construction is far from exhausted. It can be applied wherever certain standardisations allow serial production. Even today, the applications for modular buildings are almost unlimited.
- Concentrated Construction in Cities
The benefits of modular construction are coming into play especially in cities. The obstructions to traffic by construction works are only short. In a flexible modular system, commercial and residential space is always built within a short time frame. Space is quickly ready for occupation and therefore generates a return. Projects for interim use are also feasible.
- Modular School Buildings
Many municipalities and school communities are already resolving the acute need for additional space in school buildings with modular structures. These are suitable for permanent use as well as for meeting temporary space requirements during conversion works, for example.
- Housing for Asylum-seekers
When adequate space is required at short notice during a crisis, the priorities are:
- Flexible planning
- High certainty of costs
- Short delivery times
- Sustainable construction