Kalwall is a translucent, structural sandwich panel which uses prismatic glass fibers embedded in the panels face sheets. The glass prisms refract sunlight to provide a balanced, diffuse wash of glare-free light. Kalwall provides full-spectrum, natural visible light, without distorting color rendition. During the manufacturing process, panels are fitted with translucent insulation to reduce solar heat gains.
Using lightweight Kalwall composite panel technology with low maintenance, corrosion, and moisture resistant aluminum box beams means that monumental clearspan™ skylights and structures with spans in excess of 100 feet can be produced. The leaders in large-scale daylighting systems, Structures Unlimited, Inc., is a strategic partner of Kalwall, They offer design control, fabrication, delivery and complete installation with single-source responsibility.
- Clearspans of over 100’ (30 m) utilizing structural aluminum framing
- Total curb-up responsibility from design + engineering to fabrication + installation
- Lightweight - typically less than 5 lbs/ft 2 (24.41 kg/m2 )
- Perfect for custom and unique designs for top lighting applications
- Can support light fixtures, sprinkler systems, and suspended artwork
Dunbar High School | Washington, DC | Perkins Eastman + Moody Nolan | Photograph: Joseph Romeo
- Glare-free, balanced daylighting
- Superior thermal performance
- Energy and electricity saving
- Low maintenance life cycle requirements
- Security through visual privacy
- Hurricane and blast rated options
- Class A roof; removable skylights
Please visit kalwall.com to all specifications, CAD details, BIM families and performance charts online.