Hollaender Manufacturing Company produces a wide array of architectural railing systems. These hand and guard railing systems can be designed to fit individual projects by engineers at Hollaender.
Speed-Rail® railing systems are easy-to-install and made of the most corrosive resistant aluminum alloy available on the market. Unlike welded alternatives, the railing systems don't require special expertise to install and can be easily reconfigured.
- A "Kit of Parts" design allows for on-site assembly and can be easily re-configured
- The aesthetic is ideal for an urban or industrial aesthetic
- Easy-to-install with no special expertise required
- Anodized aluminum pipe and aluminum-magnesium fittings are extremely corrosion-resistant, allowing for the lowest long-term maintenance cost
| ||Uniform load ||Concentrated load |
|Handrails ||50 lbf/ft. applied in any direction ||200 lbf. applied in any direction |
|Top Rails of Guards ||50 lbf/ft. applied in any direction ||200 lbf. applied in any direction |
|Infill Area of Guards || ||Horizontal concentrated load of 50 lbf. applied to 1 sq. ft. at any point in system, including panels, intermediate rails, balusters, or other elements composing infill area. |
*Uniform and concentrated loads need not be assumed to act concurrently
Materials and Finishes
|Posts ||Aluminum 6005-T5, 1 ½" IPS (48.2 mm O.D.) Schedule 80 Wall (clear anodized) |
|Rails ||Aluminum 6063-T6, 1 ½" IPS (48.2 mm O.D.) Schedule 40 Wall (clear anodized) |
|Fittings ||Cast aluminum |
|Base Flanges ||Cast aluminum |
|Fasteners ||Stainless steel 304 alloy |
Infills are available in a variety of materials:
- Tempered glass, either monolithic or laminated
- Resin panels in both PETG and acrylic
- Mesh metal panels, perforated or a more exotic pattern in a choice of materials from aluminum to e-coated steel to stainless steel.
Finishes come in a range of patterns, colors and textures. Aluminum systems can be anodized with clear and bronze options, or powder-coated in almost any color; Steel infill panels are produced in the same wide array of colors but are first e-coated to protect against corrosion. Panels can also be supplied in a bright dip.