ApplicationsConvention Centers, Stadiums, Office Buildings, Schools, Cafeterias, Locker Rooms, Museums, Restaurants, Airports, Hospitals, Shopping Malls and Other Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Applications
CharacteristicsCustomer assistance throughout the entire process, high aesthetic appeal, fast delivery times, durability and low maintenance, extensive color, pattern and aggregate options
CertificationCA 10350, LEED
Terrazzo & Marble has supplied terrazzo materials to numerous convention centers, providing highly durable, low-maintenance, aesthetically pleasing and sustainable epoxy flooring.
To accommodate high volumes of visitors, convention centers must be equipped with high quality flooring materials that are durable enough to support heavy foot traffic. The following characteristics make Terroxy Resin Systems by Terrazzo & Marble the ideal flooring option for convention centers:
- Durability: Terrazzo’s impeccable durability and strength are ideal for the various high traffic areas found within convention centers such as entryways, hallways and rest rooms. While the initial cost for other flooring systems might appear more affordable, they require more maintenance than terrazzo flooring. Other flooring systems such as carpet or vinyl tiles have to be replaced frequently especially in large, high traffic areas, while terrazzo stands the test of time and typically lasts the lifetime of the building.
- Low Maintenance: Since convention centers recieve a large number of visitors simultaneously, it is a difficult task to keep the floor space clean. Seamless terrazzo flooring allows for easy cleaning and sanitizing, and day-to-day maintenance only requires using a mop and a bucket of warm water. Terrazzo & Marble's Terroxy Resin Systems Epoxy Matrix also helps to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus, reducing the transfer of germs and dust across the building.
- Aesthetics: Terrazzo offers unlimited possibilities by allowing any imaginable combination of colors, patterns, logos and pictures. This allows designers and architects to create creative designs that can incorporate branding and a wide range of colors into the floor. Terroxy Resin Systems' special formulation does not allow for colors to fade or wear thin.
- Sustainability: Terrazzo has long been a recycled product and was created centuries ago by Venetian workers who used waste chips from slab marble processing. The following aspects make Terroxy Resin Systems a sustainable flooring choice:
- Use of recycled content for aggregates
- Use of local/regional materials
- High durability, lasting the lifetime of buildings
- Does not emit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)