Ryterna Modul is back with a yearly architectural competition.
Cycling in general is now gaining speed, in some countries, it's not only a leisure transport but a way of life (think of The Netherlands and Denmark). But extending our of these two countries, we see that cycling is in general increasing, it is no longer only a "ride to the city", but even more, ride to a different country, or ride across my own country. Technology allows us to travel quicker, faster, and in relative comfort compared to bikes that were used 20-30 years ago.
So this year we decided to focus on cyclists. and derived with the task:
To create a complex for cyclist travelers for a short stopover or even an overnight stay. The complex should have a bicycle repair area, a cafe or fast-food restaurant, accommodation (hostel and private type), and sanitary facilities for both passing cyclists and those staying overnight in hostel rooms.
The three winning projects will be awarded the main prize:
Ist place – 1 200 EUR
IInd place – 600 EUR
IIIrd place – 300 EUR
- End of registration by 2022 November 21th
- Submission of the final work - 2022 November 28th (23:59 EET/UTC+2h)
- Competition results announcement: 2022 December 19th
- Andrius Orlovas (JSC “Ryterna modul“ board member)
- Arūnas Visockas (JSC “Ryterna modul“ CEO)
- Donatas Cesiulis (architect at “Sprik”, Ryterna modul competition 3rd place winner 2014 and 2015 (Vilnius, LT))
- Ernest Shtepani (PhD in Architecture; Currently lecturing at Metropolitan University of Tirana (Tirana, AL))
- Tomas Skripkiūnas (architect and PhD candidate at KTU (Kaunas, LT))
- Kęstutis Vaikšnoras (architect/lecturer at “Dvieju grupe“ (Kaunas, LT))
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleRyterna modul Architectural Challenge 2022: Cycling Tourism Complex
TypeCompetition Announcement (Student Competitions)
Registration DeadlineNovember 21, 2022 11:30 PM
Submission DeadlineNovember 28, 2022 11:30 PM