We are excited to announce the Utah Black Success Center Design Competition! The Black Success Center will be the economic development hub of Utah’s Black Community and will help grow black businesses and jobs. The Center will be a space to collaborate, innovate, and mastermind--the space will include:
- A lobby and reception area for welcoming guests
- Classrooms for trainings and workshops
- An event hall for small to medium-sized events
- Co-working spaces and meeting areas for start-ups or newly established businesses
- A main office and virtual admin for organizations that call the center their home.
The Utah Black Chamber of Commerce is currently running a pilot of the Center and launching this statewide design competition to raise awareness, gather local ideas and talent, and help generate concept designs for a structure to be built next year.
The location for the Center is still being determined, so we welcome conceptual designs (without limits) on all aspects of the above. Submitting an entry is a tangible way Utah based architects, designers, artists and students can show their support for Utah’s Black Community.
Each submission will be reviewed by our panel and you can expect to receive an email letting you know if you have been chosen as a finalist. Finalist entries will be showcased on our website and the top ranked entry in each category will be awarded $500!
Monetary Prizes Sponsored by Celtic Bank:
- $500 – Architecture Award
- $500 – Interior Design Award
- $500 – Artist/Maker Award
- $500 – Storyteller Award
TitleUtah Black Success Center Design Competition
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Submission DeadlineDecember 01, 2020 11:59 PM
VenueSalt Lake Valley (Exact Location TBD).
Country RestrictionsUnited States