India is home to one of the largest & complex education system in the world. There are over 1.5 million schools & more than 260 million school-goers in India. Schools providing primary education counts for 56.58% of the total number of schools in India. Students in the age group of 6 -14 years are entitled to free & compulsory education under the “Right of Children to Free & compulsory education” Act 2009 ( RTE ). There are about 10 lakh government schools in India offering primary education. But these schools are in extremely bad shape with some even lacking basic amenities such as electricity & water.
Education in India has become more of a business than a source of knowledge. Lack of administration & poor utilization of funds are resulting in critical infrastructural gaps in government schools of India. One of the major problems is that there are too many unviable sub-scale government schools in India with only a few numbers of students & inadequate resources.
The Challenge is to design a school for 400 students from grade 1 to 8 with all state of the art facilities. The proposed educational facility should have areas that are collaborative, interactive and multi-functional. These educational spaces should also be useful to the local community post-school hours. As designers, it is our duty to provide a solution through architecture as our primary tool & help millions of children in achieving a better educational infrastructure.
- Early Bird Registrations – 03rd August TO 15th September – 2020
- Standard Registrations – 16th September TO 25th October – 2020
- Late Registrations – 26th October TO 10th November – 2020
Rewards & Recognitions
- 1st Prize – INR 1,00,000/- + Certificate + Publication
- 2nd Prize – INR 50,000/- + Certificate + Publication
- 3rd Prize – INR 25,000/- + Certificate + Publication
- BEST STUDENT DESIGN ENTRY : INR 10,000/- + Certificate + Publication
- BEST ARCHITECT DESIGN ENTRY : INR 10,000/- + Certificate + Publication
- BEST DESIGN PRESENTATION AWARD : INR 5000/- + Certificate + Publication
The competition is open for all ( students, architects, interior designers etc ). One can participate individually or in a team. A team can have maximum 3 members. This is an open international design competition hosted by Archmello This is a concept based competition & no such project will be built. The competition is organized for education purposes only.
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleThe Attendance: Reconfiguring Government Schools in India
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration DeadlineNovember 10, 2020 11:59 AM
Submission DeadlineNovember 17, 2020 11:59 AM
PriceEntry fees : INR 1350 - 2500 & 25 - 60 USD