World Campus Masters Selective Graduation Design Program (short for "WCM Program”) is launched by an international design competition platform Young Bird Plan, and it is committed to recognizing the fresh blood of contemporary design through evaluating graduation designs from global young designers in different regions and cultures. It encourages original design and design thinking in campus to conduct a positive dialogue with global design industry and industrial development, bringing young designers and their graduation works to one of the world's most influential design platform and the cutting-edge design ecosystem.
Designers who graduated between 2016 and 2020 and major in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Design, Interior Design, Industry Design, Public Art, etc. are welcome to participate, including undergraduates and post-graduates within 5 calendar years after the current competition launched. In the era of pursuing professional subdivided and transboundary design, WCM Program is committed to creating a display platform that witnesses the evolution of design thinking and gathers the most pioneering ideas.
The Judging panel for this World Campus Masters Selective Graduation Design Program 2020 includes Big Name Jury, Super Nova Jury and Professional Representatives. They will evaluate works, based on their foresight and response to current and future challenges, and select the design that best fits the temperament and ideas of contemporary youngers. The Big Name Jury and the Super Nova Jury will have the right to increase the selection criteria.
The evaluation for WCM Program will be conducted quarterly and annually:
Every quarter is a round. Therefore, a year has three rounds, including the winter contest of the previous year and the spring/Summer and autumn contests of the year.（Spring season 2020 is postponed and merged with the Summer season 2020）
Three works will be selected every quarter, and 9 works will be selected in three quarters. They, together with works resurrected by Super Nova Jury, will compete for the grand award of the year.
Evaluation Mechanism for Quarterly Awards:
[Jury involved: Super Nova Jury and Professional Representatives ]
Mass-selection Phase: Young Bird Plan competition organizing committee will make a preliminary evaluation of all submitted works and announce the shortlist;
Final Evaluation Phase：Super Nova Jury and Professional Representatives will score shortlists. After a comprehensive calculation of their scores, in which the former accounted for 60%, the latter accounted for 40%, three works with the highest comprehensive scores will be awarded with the title of World Campus Masters of the Quarter.
Each judge from Super Nova Jury has the right to resurrect a work for that quarter and the resurrected work will be eligible for competing for the World Campus Masters of the Year Award.
Evaluation Mechanism for the Award of the Year:
[Jury involved: Big Name Jury and Super Nova Jury]
"World Campus Masters of the Quarter" winners and resurrected participants are required to complete the relevant processes in accordance with the requirements of the organizer to enter the annual selection.
For selecting out the world Campus Masters of the Year, Big Name Jury and Super Nova Jury need to score entries, based on the perspectiveness, pioneer spirit, epochal character, and thinking about optimization of the works. The final score will be 70% of Big Name Jury score and 30% of Professional Representatives score.
The work with the highest scores will be awarded with the title of World Campus Masters of the Year.
Note: Only people who registered as designverse users and have been certified as a member of the Professional Representatives (see below for the application process to become a member of Professional Representatives) are eligible for online voting.
Super Nova Jury
- Fernando Romero, Founding Principal of FR-EE
- Javier González, Partner & Director of 100 Architects
- Li Xiang, Founder & CEO of X+Living
- Andrea Ponti, Founder of Ponti Design Studio
The winner of the WCM of the Year will gain:
1. RMB 20,000（before tax）
2. Entry will be permanently included in the list of the world campus masters.
3. 3 days homepage display on designverse (within 24 months after the award is announced, it will be invalid after expiration)
4. Have the opportunity to attend the Young Architects Speech Show held by designverse
5. Award certificate
The winners of the WCM of the Quarter will gain:
1. An opportunity to compete for the World Campus Masters of the Year
2. RMB 1,500 book taken per work
3. Entry will be permanently included in the list of the world campus masters works.
4. 1 day homepage display on designverse (within 24 months after the award is announced, it will be invalid after expiration)
5. Award certificate
The shortlists of the WCM of the Quarter will gain：
1. Shortlist Certificate
2. Entry will be permanently included in the list of the world campus masters shortlist works.
James Wei Ke Travel Fund for Architects is an annual special award set by Mr. James Wei Ke in his own name for WCM Program.
The award, jointly established by Mr. James Wei Ke and Young Bird Plan, aims at encouraging and funding young architects to experience the global excellent architectures and gain unique design insights through travel. In addition to supporting and paying attention to young architects, the award is also committed to giving impetus to the development of new design ideas.
Designers who graduated between 2016 and 2020 and major in Architecture are welcome to participate, including undergraduates and post-graduates within 5 calendar years after the current competition launched.
Access to Competition:
1. Entering into the “World Campus Masters Selective Graduation Design Program” contest homepage and then registering for the competition.
2. Submitting your completed graduation design.
3. Apply for this award by email. The specific email content will be explained by the organizers after the announcement of the shortlists.
Mr. James Wei Ke will select 2 groups of finalists from all the participants who submitted the application materials, each group will be rewarded RMB10,000 yuan (pre-tax) travel funds. In addition, Fund winners can also receive appropriate assistance based on their travel plans.
1. Designers who graduated between 2016 and 2020 and major in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Design, Interior Design, Industry Design, Public Art, etc. are welcome to participate, including undergraduates and post-graduates within 5 calendar years after the current competition launched. Both individuals and teams can participate in WCM Program and the submission is your completed graduation design works.
2. Team entries should be designed by the actual participants of the graduation project. There is no limit on the number of participants in each group. Only one work is allowed to submit for each group.
3. All team members are required to register on designverse. For common questions, please visit Q&A on our website.
4. You can register for the competition at www.designverse.com.cn. If you have any questions, you can add WeChat: youngbirdplan for consultation.
Processes for Join in:
1. Register as a user of the designverse and then complete the information table;
2. Complete the payment of the registration fee;
3. Submit your master's/undergraduate graduation design work online, and also send your graduation design assignment to the email email@example.com (it will be used as a reference for the judges)
- The plan needs to be fully presented on up to 12 A2 drawings of longitudinal layout, with 300dpi and readable labels (8 mm margin), within 10M. The unified format for submission is JPG, and each drawing size does not exceed 10MB;
- The registration number must be marked in the upper right corner of the drawing. Its required font is Arial and the font size is 20. You should name your submission according to the design category,such as Architectural design, landscape design, urban design, industrial design, public art, etc. The naming format of the drawings follows the rule of “registration number-design category -01/02/03/04...";
- Language used in Work Introduction: Bilingual languages (Chinese-English) or English only;
- The language used in drawings: Bilingual language version (Chinese-English) is the best, and the native language of the participants is also accepted, but the key parts are recommended to be marked in English;
- Do not disclose personal information, including name, University, etc., in all drawings and captions. Anyone who discloses personal information will be disqualified;
- The model or the real object can be displayed through photos, and its uploading requirements are consistent with that of the proposal;
- The cover of the work needs to be uploaded. The cover is a single rendering of the work, and the size is 1045×654, 72dpi, within 500KB.
[The Evaluation for WCM Program will be conducted quarterly]
Registration for Autumn WCM Program 2020 opens from Jul.21st 00:00 to Sep. 30 24:00
Early registration: until August 14 12:00
Regular registration: until September 21 12:00
Late registration: until September 30 24:00
Project submission deadline: September 30 24:00
Mass-selection: October 1st 0:00 - October 15th, 24:00
Super Nova Jury and Profefessional Representatives deliberation: in the middle of October 2020
Announcement of Top3: at the end of October 2020
The winner of WCM Program 2020:
The submission deadline: In consideration of the fairness and justice of the competition, the winners of WCM quarterly award shall submit the relevant contents required by the competition organizer within 30 days after the announcement of the quarterly award, otherwise, he/she will not be able to participate in the Final Battle of the Year.
Jury deliberation: in November 2020
Announcement of the winner of 2020: in November 2020
Note: GMT+8 time zone for all dates. In case of public holidays, it is appropriately postponed.
Early registration: RMB 50 per work
Regular registration: RMB 85 per work
Late registration: RMB 130 per work
Note: If you need to submit two works, you need to pay twice. Once registration fee have been paid, they will not be returned. In addition, there is no limit to the number of applicants for each group, and it should be in line with the real situation. All registration fees are spent on the further development of the awards.
How to become a professional representative?
The WCM Progarm will open the application channel of Professional Representatives for a long time. Applicants are required to provide some material with us to show your professional background, such as resumes, student ID cards, or business cards. Within 3 working days after you submit the application, the Young Bird Plan Competition Organizing Committee will inform the application result. Applicants who pass the verification can become a member of the WCM Professional Representatives. The application channel will be closed within 3 working days after the quarterly shortlist announced. Any application made after the deadline will automatically be considered an application for the next quarter competition.
Note: Contestant of the current season cannot apply to be the Professional Representative.
In accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of the State, all participants who take the initiative to participate in this contest are deemed to have made the following irrevocable declaration regarding the copyright ownership of their submitted works:
1. Original statement
The submitted work must be an original work of the entrant and must not infringe any patent rights, copyrights, trademarks and other legal intellectual property rights of any third party. Once the non-original work is verified, the organizer has the right to immediately disqualify related entrant from the competition, being shortlisted, and receiving funding and take back the subsidy funds and materials. In addition, the organizer still has the right to reserve the right to pursue legal liability in case of economic loss as a result of his or her dishonesty. For example, If the organizer is sued or has other losses for this reason, the organizer has the right to claim full compensation from the participant. If the organizer has paid in advance, it has the right to recover all direct and indirect losses from the participants (including and not limited to attorney fees, legal fees, preservation fees, appraisal fees, notarization fees, etc.).
2. Agree to the statement
This competition adopts online-voting method, the upload of work indicates that the entrant agrees to authorize the organizer to onymously or anonymously display the work for the purpose of the launch of the competition, as well as the evaluation method of the competition. Before submitting the work, the participants have carefully read all the terms and fully understand and agree. The jury of this competition has the final decision on the results of all the winning works.
Young Bird Plan
Founded in 2013 by Isa Ye, Young Bird Plan, affiliated with Shanghai YoungBird Brand Management Co., Ltd is an international competition platform for global design talents. With three key elements, viz. fabrication, mentor’s guidance and interdisciplinary jury, it is fast becoming a leading voice in global design fields like urban design, architecture design, landscaping design, interior design, product design, logo design and fashion design. Since its inception, the platform has received submissions from 1045 colleges and universities and 4257 design institutes in 310 cities of 75 countries.
On the one hand, we constantly connect and meet various demands from political, business, and academic circles and actively fill supply and demand gaps among designers, manufacturers, developers, urban operators and users. We are committed to design and innovation, and offering opportunities for creative minds around the world to participate in creation process, so as to propel the implementation of design projects and products focusing on urban spaces and life aesthetics. Besides, Young Bird Plan is devoted to pushing the urban development and offering high-quality solutions to product updates. On the other hand, as one of the most influential design competition platforms around the world, we make every effort to create opportunities for young designers.
By now, we have cooperated with several governments, development agencies and international brands, e.g., Suichang County of Zhejiang Province, Yongchuan District of Chongqing City, Suzhou New District, China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone, Vanke Group, China Fortune Properties, Westbund, Leliving, Sunbrella, Destelli, MATSU Group, Xiao Guan Tea, Dongpeng Group, etc.
TitleCall for Entries: Autumn World Campus Masters Selective Graduation Design Program 2020
TypeGrants, Scholarships & Awards
Registration DeadlineSeptember 30, 2020 11:30 PM
Submission DeadlineSeptember 30, 2020 11:30 PM
PriceRMB 50 per work