Architectural Poetry Competition Series, 2nd Cycle is the seventh initiative of the Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organization, India founded by architect Pappal Suneja to spread awareness about this subject and sow the seeds of inspiration to explore and write about Architecture and allied fields from a lyrical perspective.
We respond to the world and weather. We respond to ourselves. We respond. We.
Brief: Creativity should evolve between tradition and modernity. As a tree sheds deadwood on its own, we evolve with respect to time, space, and people. Change is desirable and unavoidable - beneficial or disastrous. Technology is at its brilliance, yet, we crave for a safer world with sustainability and resilience - a balance between Humanity and Nature. A Resurgence of the traditions, to which we are the first signatory for comprehending our diversity and portraying ideas in a unified approach, is what shall aid in creating today’s much needed Responsive Environments.
We welcome poems into three categories: school-going, Collegians, and Open (25-100 years of age).
- Submissions are open to all poets writing in English. International submissions are welcome.
- Maximum 3 poems per poet are allowed.
- The poem may be accompanied by an Illustration/Photograph (optional).
- Each poem should not exceed 40 lines.
- The entry should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line Architectural Poetry, 2nd Cycle - Category (school-going, collegians, and Open) in a word document with 12 pt., Arial font, single-line spacing
- All entrants must mention their social media handles with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
- The winners will be announced on 21st August 2020 on all our social media pages.
- In addition to three winners (citation) in each category, a Special Mention Award shall be given.
TitleOpen Call: Architectural Poetry Competition Series, 2nd Cycle
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration DeadlineJuly 27, 2020 11:30 PM
Submission DeadlineJuly 31, 2020 11:30 PM
PriceEarly Bird Registration till 30th June 2020, (500 INR for participants from India and 11 Euros for International Participants) & Standard Registration till 27th July 2020, (800 INR for participants from India and 21 Euros for International Participants)