“The Urban Rhetoric” is a bi-annual initiative by Innovature Research and Design Studio [IRDS] to create a platform for discussion and act as a catalyst in recreating the future of urbanism and urban development in India. We aim to do so with the help of an academic magazine with essays that inspire the agenda for future urbanism. A city is not just defined by the planners and architects that build it, but also by the users that occupy it. Thus, through this initiative, we strive to make these parallels meet by reinforcing the interactions between decision-makers and users. This prospective magazine crusading towards the agenda for future urbanism aims to provide a platform for dialogue and discussions on growth and development in Indian cities.
In the light of current COVID-19 pandemic, The Urban Rhetoric is organizing an ideas competition. The candidates have to express their idea of public places; like markets, streets, eateries, gardens, malls, etc in the context of the new norms like social distancing and sanitization, imposed by the pandemic. Candidates can express their ideas through mediums like photographs, sketches, illustrations, art pieces, etc.
We invite all creative individuals like artists, architects, designers, photographers, illustrators, urban designers, etc to submit photographs/illustrations/sketches/art pieces representing public space during COVID 19.
How To Apply
- All interested candidates must register @ www.irds-india.com/urbanrhetoric and pay the entry fee.
- Early bird registration and submission till 30 June - Rs 250
- Regular registration and submission till 15 July - Rs 500 )
- Candidates must submit their entry in the form of jpeg or png with a maximum resolution of 300 DPI.
- Once you have made the payment, please email the payment reference along with your submission on email@example.com. You can send along any number of entries, but for each entry, a separate payment must be made and all payment reference details must be mentioned in the email.
First, Second and Third Prize
1. Winners will be published in our upcoming September 2020 issue of the magazine “The Urban Rhetoric”.
2. Winners will be published on our website and all social media handles of TUR.
3. Winner will receive a copy of the September 2020 issue of the magazine “The Urban Rhetoric”.
4. E-certificate of excellence recognized by IRDS and TUR.
Consolation Prizes (10 entries)
1. Winners will be published on our website and all social media handles of TUR.
2. Winner will receive a copy of the September 2020 issue of the magazine “The Urban Rhetoric”.
3. E-certificate of appreciation recognized by IRDS and TUR
All participants will receive an e-certificate of participation recognized by IRDS and TUR
TitleOpen Call: Public Space during COVID 19
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration DeadlineJuly 15, 2020 12:00 PM
Submission DeadlineJuly 15, 2020 12:00 PM
Price( Early bird registration and submission till 30 June - Rs 250) ( Regular registration and submission till 15 July - Rs 500 )