The Blank Slate develops a handbook, ‘Back to Work: Rethink Reevaluate Retrofit for Safer Workplaces’ of post-lockdown guidelines and design interventions for workplaces to adapt to the ‘new normal’
This book presents design strategies to workplaces as the world enters a dimension of coexistence with COVID-19, where living and working while social distancing have now become the ‘New Normal’. The publication also contains a comprehensive set of safety practices that streamline the course of ‘social distancing’ within a workplace.
The biggest challenge workplaces are going to face is how they can adapt their open office layouts for physical distancing and prevent offices from becoming virus petri dishes in the coming months. As our governments work hard to retrofit airports, metro stations and other public spaces for physical distancing, it is imperative workspaces adopt similar measures so employees can feel safe and enter back into the workforce and return to their desks.
The book provides targeted solutions to various typologies commonly found in every office and showcases designed novel safety interventions that are high-performance and affordable in nature. The handbook is a cheat-sheet of easy-to-apply solutions that can be retrofitted to existing workspaces of various scales and layouts.
With our handbook, we aim to equip workplaces with information that goes a long way in improving safety in their respective environments.
- 1. Practices to ensure safe personal interaction and collaboration along with physical distancing, once the workforce gets back to work.
- 2. Practices to leverage technology for a contact-less experience
- 3. Space-centric solutions for common space typologies in a workplace
- 4. Office and bathroom hygiene protocols that delineate sanitization methods, frequency and other practices.
- 5. Efficient collaboration when working from home
- 6. Equipping the office workforce with safety tools
TitleBack to Work: Rethink, Reevaluate, Retrofit for Safer Workplaces
AuthorThe Blank Slate